Golf Insurance - taking me for a ride

Gunny

Visit site
A friend just got a renewal quote from The Golfers Club, £56.00, it was a lot less when he joined last year. Got a better price from Golf Care so phoned to cancel. Turns out they're both owned by the same company, so The Golfers Club guy got his price (fairly quickly) down to £37. He pointed out GolfCare was still significantly cheaper so he 'switched' him over to golfcare during the same call, was the same person throughout and he's now paid £26.

It's worth the 5 minute call.

Apologies if this has already been discussed before, just didn't want anyone else getting caught out.

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's not about being "caught out" or "taking you for a ride", it states on the application forms that the cost is an introductory discount as well as the gifts being given. As you said though, with a bit of time spent you will maintain the price level easy enough. It's just the same as a discount/gift given for new magazine subscriptions which you can maintain if you cancel and restart each year.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not about being "caught out" or "taking you for a ride", it states on the application forms that the cost is an introductory discount as well as the gifts being given. As you said though, with a bit of time spent you will maintain the price level easy enough. It's just the same as a discount/gift given for new magazine subscriptions which you can maintain if you cancel and restart each year.
Whoa! mate don't go suggesting that you will have the GM forever police on your back!

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have this morning received my renewal through the post - it is £32.99 for bronze level insurance from Golf Care. Not too bad, but only 3 free rounds at DeVere, Marriot and Q Hotels as a bonus, no balls or cap.

I will not renew and will look for another company to go with to bring the cost down and get more for my money. If I can't find anything cheaper then I'll renew, but I think I will find something cheaper!