golf in the south & midlands?

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hello all, I'm in Oxford and am willing to travel in any direction for an hour max(ish), which covers a lot of the south & midlands (if meeting halfway). It would be great to meet up with a few forum members, so if anyone wants a round then give me a shout. I can play weekends and if given enough notice I can play weekday's as I'm my own boss. Hopefully hear from someone soon.

Ade

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always up for a game mate, living in Leatherhead. Its about 1hr 20min for centre of Oxford. Always willing to try new courses and travel.

Any suggestions????

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hello HTL, what are your thoughts on arranging a round for two weeks saturday(31st jan)? we can work out the middle ground, find a club and have a round. let me know if you're up for it and I'll get looking.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hello HTL, what are your thoughts on arranging a round for two weeks saturday(31st jan)? we can work out the middle ground, find a club and have a round. let me know if you're up for it and I'll get looking.

You too Lee, and anyone else, might have ourselves a fourball! :D

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sounds fine to me. Do you know any clubs in that area? I think Homer played Temple near maidenhead the other week? If it looks any good we could give it a go.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im having a mad day at work mate so can’t really do any research, temple has had very mixed reviews on here.

Homer! Can you recommend a course for us?

Where do you play? I will sat nav and see how far you are…….

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm playing badgemore park in Henley on sunday. Not that far from maidenhead area. If it's any good I'll let you know. I play lots of courses but a few favourites are, Kirtlington, Drayton park, Mapledurham & Weston Turville. They're all pretty decent in my opinion. Although I've not been playing all that long so you're standards may be higher?

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looks good to me. How about saturday 31st Jan? we'll see if we can get a couple more people for a fourball then we'll book it? just so you know, I don't have an official h/c, but I play to about h/c 23-24. what standard are you?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You can book WH online. You get given a 30 minute slot and they tell you your time when you book in.

Would tag along but HID is working so me and the Boy are going to my local range.

If you play you must go for the green on the 18th. You simply must. But watch out for the unseen bunkers near the green!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
31st is good for me, need to leave at 4 through so will have to get early tee time, is that OK?

If it is I will call tomorrow and book a time hopefully around 10:00am

I play off about 20-24 unofficial (not for long!), so we will have a right old match on our hands! Good times.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I liked Temple. Its a bit tricky as the fairways slope and the greens are small so accuracy off the tee and on approach shots a must. Apart from the mickey mouse par 3 10th its a pretty fair test of golf.

Wokefield Park in Mortimer (junction 12 M4) is a good course (bit pricey from memory). Bird Hills at Maidenhead ok as far as pay and play courses go. If you are coming as far as Maidenhead you could stay in the car for an extra 15 minutes and play the Downshire at Wokingham. It was rated in the top 10 pay and play courses in the UK a few years back and is a good test. I play it every year during Royal Ascot when my course is down to 12 holes and the crowds make it a nightmare getting in and out of the club.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you play you must go for the green on the 18th. You simply must. But watch out for the unseen bunkers near the green!

The scorecard say's it's 344 yds! I don't think I'll make the green somehow! :(