golf in the south & midlands?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
But what it doesn't say is that you're standing on top of the hill and the green is about 150 feet below you - very downhill all the way.

To be fair, unless the wind is behind you probably won't reach it. I've made it with a 4 wood downwind and made the front bunker with the driver in the calm.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
So what you wanna do guys? Stick with High Wycombe or go with Homers suggestion of playing the Downshire?

Will be booking tomorrow to get us a good tee time.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played wokefield park on 27th december, I'm sure it was on 2fore1 as well. It certainly was a fair test of golf! I struggled a bi to be honest, never seen so much sand! The Downshire sounds great though. If not this time then certainly some time soon!

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So what you wanna do guys? Stick with High Wycombe or go with Homers suggestion of playing the Downshire?

Will be booking tomorrow to get us a good tee time.

Don't mind mate, you decide and I'll be there.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK mate just me and you ademac, unless you fancy a knock about the Downshire?

I reckon we give the downshire a go mate, will phone up and book tomorrow and PM you with times etc, unless Homer fancies it and I will book for 3.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can do the Downshire on the 31st. Only downside is that it does get a bit slow but par for the pay and play course at weekends I guess. Before anyone shoots me down I am not saying all P&P are slow (just so we all know!!!)

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right, can only book 10 days in advance so will call back in the week, but looking good for 10:00am tee off with a round averaging 4 hours, so Mrs HTL is happy ill be back in time for her sisters birthday (yippee! Not!)

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK lads the 3 of us are booked in for a 10:00am tee time, shall we meet in the car park around 9:30 ish? I will be next to my silver Seat Leon.

Its £23 a round.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
sounds good to me. I'll be arriving in my pink cadillac.

Only joking, I'll be in my girlfriends black corsa. :cool: .Is there a range there?
It might be worth me getting there a bit early and hitting a few balls to calm the nerves!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nerves? Why? Homer is decent but im proper crap! I might join you in hitting some balls, make myself feel like im pro etc...

I will PM you my mobile number just in case.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
HTL - too kind.

I'll be there on the range not becaue of nerves or to look good but because the mother in law lives a 5 minute drive away so I can go over and get a decent bit of brekkie before we start and will probably need to burn some of it off to get round !!