Golf in Thailand

JohnnyGuitar

Visit site
Just signed up and thought i'd ask about golf in Hua Hin, Thailand. There are loads of courses but wondered if anyone has played them.
I'm an improving golfer capable of regularly going round my club (Cold Ashby, Northants) in mid 80's.
I go next week so any advice would be gratefully received.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not played in Hua Hin but played when I was in Pataya a few years ago. Courses are very friendly, generally in very good condition and not expensive. Remember it is normally compulsary to have a buggy and caddie (normally female) but with the heat and humidity you will be glad of them.

Personally I love Thailand, grear place to go and I would recommend plenty of Chang beer (far better than Singha which is the other local alternative).

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would recommend plenty of Chang beer (far better than Singha which is the other local alternative).

you have got to be kidding. i lived in thailand for 2 years. its donkey piss (but strong donkey piss mind you)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would recommend plenty of Chang beer (far better than Singha which is the other local alternative).

you have got to be kidding. i lived in thailand for 2 years. its donkey piss (but strong donkey piss mind you)

I just got a taste for it. Found a bottle in Tesco the other week and still liked it. Perhaps I just have crap taste in lager :) :)

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Hovis - are they still serving Santip, Red Bull & coke down there ? I worked in a bar on Phi Phi in 1999 and we served that stuff by the bucketload - literally. A fishbowl, a quarter bottle of whisky, 2 cans fo coak and one red bull....what were we thinking ?

I cant remember - literally !!

No golf though haha