Help needed witch Opens in Yorkshire (inc Seniors) and Notts

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I've played lots of courses, but I have never played in Yorkshire! Keen to put it right this year. Thought I'd start by looking to get into some Opens.

Clearly I'd like to do any mix of Ganton, Alwoodly, Moortown etc etc ... Lindrick, Holinwell (over the Border!)

So, a heads up which of these have events you have half a chance of getting in, when then go live on line, hints and tips much appreciated! Especially where some courses have them in the same week!

I will be scanning Golf Empire and the club sites, but the benefit of your experience would be much appreciated!! ;)

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Lindrick have jacked up their prices ridiculously in the last year or so (as have many courses recently) and I won't be playing there again at those prices.
It's an okay course but the other courses on your list that I've played (Alwoodly and Holinwell) are much better.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have played open at Moortown, Sandmoor and Moor Allerton at reasonable prices although I have noticed that Ladies opens tend to be cheaper than Mens opens, played with Crow at Lindrick too a few years ago, nice course.

NearHull

Visit site
I play in many Opens in Yorkshire. Pannal and Worksop would be good additions to your list. Our small group book into around 25 Opens each year, I think we don’t pay over £40 for any of them.

dronfield

Visit site
Lindrick have jacked up their prices ridiculously in the last year or so (as have many courses recently) and I won't be playing there again at those prices.
It's an okay course but the other courses on your list that I've played (Alwoodly and Holinwell) are much better.

Agree with this re Lindrick - Re Leeds in addition to Alwoodley, would look at Moortown and Headingley. Sheffield - Hallamshire is a good choice, and then for East Midlands go for Sherwood Forest, Coxmoor and Worksop (in addition to Holinwell).

Plenty of good options here.