GOLF HOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spid

Visit site
Too all fellow golfers who go abroad please do not give your money to GOLF HOLIDAYS DIRECT they are crooks,
4 of us paid £600 deposit for an amateur pairs event at Vila sol in Feb 2019 too take place in Nov 2019 , they cancelled it & refused to give money back , tried everything but to no avail , they advertise on social media with prices too good to be true , please fellow golfers if your going abroad playing stick with the tried &trusted do not give these your money

Spid

Visit site
Why did they cancel?

It says on their website they are ABTA and ATOL protected so you should be able to go through them and get your money back.
Tried that , they go against their own t&c,s & only offer a voucher then dont ever answer again ,currently going through cc company , dont ever book s golf break with them they are crooks

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Like every other travel company in the world, they're probably fighting fires whilst floating up sh*t creek.
If you paid on credit card then you can ask them to issue a chargeback - if you didn't pay on credit card... pay on credit card next time.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
We've also got a group of 16 of us who are trying to get money back from GolfHolidaysDirect....total outlay is closer to £25k. (supposed to be going to Turkey back in May...booked last summer, paid final balance in January)

They offered us a voucher against next years holiday which we refused as there's no guarantee of them still being in business. They also offered us the opportunity to rebook for next year, but same scenario applies and some of us cant go next year. They are remarkably uncommunicative but have said they are processing refunds in booking order....they've had staff furloughed, huge demand for refunds, cant get money back from hotels/airlines (this is bull given that we were supposed to fly with Jet2 who have one of the best reputations for refunding during this current time)...we've heard it all....some of it is no doubt stalling but as Lincoln Shep says...they've probably got plenty of issues of their own. We've been told that they have now completed refunds up until the end of April....so we are being patient and seeing what happens over the next couple of weeks.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Like every other travel company in the world, they're probably fighting fires whilst floating up sh*t creek.
If you paid on credit card then you can ask them to issue a chargeback - if you didn't pay on credit card... pay on credit card next time.
I did this with Your Golf Travel. The credit card company were utterly useless, along with Your Golf Travel who I am still trying my hardest to get back my money back from.

The absolute truth in these situations is that if someone owes you money but doesn't want to give it to you, it can be very hard to get it from them. I feel sorry for travel companies at the moment, but quite simply a lot of them are not fulfilling their obligations at present.

Best of luck to the thread starter.

JGolfer

Visit site
I did this with Your Golf Travel. The credit card company were utterly useless, along with Your Golf Travel who I am still trying my hardest to get back my money back from.

The absolute truth in these situations is that if someone owes you money but doesn't want to give it to you, it can be very hard to get it from them. I feel sorry for travel companies at the moment, but quite simply a lot of them are not fulfilling their obligations at present.

Best of luck to the thread starter.

Working in the department that handles this for banks it’s actually quite easy to raise one? Even if you pay on a debit card, you can still initiate chargeback (all a credit card does is offer additional protection, but you are still covered on a debit card)

If the holiday date has passed, and the holiday package you paid for was not in operation, apart from the 45 SLA(which is due to the amount of cases being processed) it’s fairly straightforward?

Not sure who your providers are, but since if it’s a visa they all go off the same visa rules, I’m not sure what difficulty is happening?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
They offered us a voucher against next years holiday which we refused as there's no guarantee of them still being in business.

Don't take my word for it but didn't the government say that they would underwrite vouchers for travel companies that go bust? I'm sure I heard that on the news. Might be worth a quick Google to see if you're covered that way.

Spid

Visit site
This is not due to the current situation it goes back to feb 2019 , 18 months we have been trying to resolve it

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
They offer great deals but i've given up booking through these agents now, been stung with a group myself.

Booking Portugal for next year and will book flights, accommodation and golf independently. Can pay a premium for some aspects but bargains with others and then slap it all on my credit card for safety.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Working in the department that handles this for banks it’s actually quite easy to raise one? Even if you pay on a debit card, you can still initiate chargeback (all a credit card does is offer additional protection, but you are still covered on a debit card)

If the holiday date has passed, and the holiday package you paid for was not in operation, apart from the 45 SLA(which is due to the amount of cases being processed) it’s fairly straightforward?

Not sure who your providers are, but since if it’s a visa they all go off the same visa rules, I’m not sure what difficulty is happening?
In short...

I booked a trip for April with YGT, late last year.
Covid cancelled the trip.
YGT wanted me to rebook it, or take vouchers.
I wanted a refund.
YGT absolutely refused this.
After several weeks of back and forth, I contacted Nationwide credit card (Visa).
They said that they would go with YGT's t&cs, which stated that full refunds were not offered if cancellation of trip was outside of their control.

And that's it. Like I said, I found booking with Visa credit fairly pointless here. Had I made the booking via debit card, bank transfer, or a bloody postal order, in this scenario I would appear to be in the exact same boat.

YGT appear to be allowing refunds now, but you have to wait a heck of a long time... 12 weeks from asking for one, which is still a few weeks away for me.

Spid

Visit site
Have you approached ABTA?
Tried the lot then accepted the voucher , once you accept the voucher you are knackered as they do not reply to anything else & wont book anything with it i have evidence of it , theres people got stung for a lot more with this firm , stay away from them

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Drove into the car park at Lo Romero yesterday afternoon - there might have been a dozen cars in there.

If the media driven panic of Covid doesn't start to subside soon, you wont have many golf destinations or companies to choose from in the furture.

JGolfer

Visit site
In short...

I booked a trip for April with YGT, late last year.
Covid cancelled the trip.
YGT wanted me to rebook it, or take vouchers.
I wanted a refund.
YGT absolutely refused this.
After several weeks of back and forth, I contacted Nationwide credit card (Visa).
They said that they would go with YGT's t&cs, which stated that full refunds were not offered if cancellation of trip was outside of their control.

And that's it. Like I said, I found booking with Visa credit fairly pointless here. Had I made the booking via debit card, bank transfer, or a bloody postal order, in this scenario I would appear to be in the exact same boat.

YGT appear to be allowing refunds now, but you have to wait a heck of a long time... 12 weeks from asking for one, which is still a few weeks away for me.

Did you raise a standard chargeback Or a section 75 (you mentioned credit card)

Since a section 75 is in purchases over £100 and less than £30k I believe

Means legally you are covered by your credit provider (even if you say paid £100 deposit on your credit card and 10k on your credit card, you are legally covered under section 76 for all of it, not just the deposit)

credit card companies cannot argue against it as it is a legal requirement.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Did you raise a standard chargeback Or a section 75 (you mentioned credit card)

Since a section 75 is in purchases over £100 and less than £30k I believe

Means legally you are covered by your credit provider (even if you say paid £100 deposit on your credit card and 10k on your credit card, you are legally covered under section 76 for all of it, not just the deposit)

credit card companies cannot argue against it as it is a legal requirement.

As I understand it there is a time limit on chargeback claims....usually between 60 and 120 days from either when you paid for the service/bought the item, or the date when it was not delivered or fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.