GOLF HOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Did you raise a standard chargeback Or a section 75 (you mentioned credit card)

Since a section 75 is in purchases over £100 and less than £30k I believe

Means legally you are covered by your credit provider (even if you say paid £100 deposit on your credit card and 10k on your credit card, you are legally covered under section 76 for all of it, not just the deposit)

credit card companies cannot argue against it as it is a legal requirement.
But again, that is exactly what happened. I don't really know what else to say :confused:

JGolfer

Visit site
But again, that is exactly what happened. I don't really know what else to say :confused:

They would argue if you raised a chargeback not a section 75 as they have to go off T&C’s for chargebacks. They won’t offer to raise a section 75 claim, unless you specifically ask to raise one

As I understand it there is a time limit on chargeback claims....usually between 60 and 120 days from either when you paid for the service/bought the item, or the date when it was not delivered or fulfilled.

You are correct. However Section 75 is not a chargeback scheme however. As I am aware you have 5/6 years to raise a section 75 claim. I’m not entirely sure on the timescales but as it’s not a chargeback it’s a legal claim. It’s not the standard 60/120 days.

It is worth asking your credit card suppliers about this as they can give more info

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
They would argue if you raised a chargeback not a section 75 as they have to go off T&C’s for chargebacks. They won’t offer to raise a section 75 claim, unless you specifically ask to raise one

You are correct. However Section 75 is not a chargeback scheme however. As I am aware you have 5/6 years to raise a section 75 claim. I’m not entirely sure on the timescales but as it’s not a chargeback it’s a legal claim. It’s not the standard 60/120 days.

It is worth asking your credit card suppliers about this as they can give more info

OK....I've done a bit of brief reading about Section 75....my question is.....why don't credit card companies tell you about this as a possible option...why will they only do it if you ask for one to be raised???? Just seems stupid and a means of annoying your customer when they eventually find out about the possibility of raising a section 75 claim!!!

JGolfer

Visit site
OK....I've done a bit of brief reading about Section 75....my question is.....why don't credit card companies tell you about this as a possible option...why will they only do it if you ask for one to be raised???? Just seems stupid and a means of annoying your customer when they eventually find out about the possibility of raising a section 75 claim!!!

How many people would actually find out about it? Probably very few unless someone told them. Don’t forget if you raise a section 75, your credit card provider is footing the bill, and they aren’t going to offer that option as it will cost them money.

Hopefully this helps anybody who was struggling to get their money back via credit card.

Always pay £100 on a credit card and then the rest on a debit card if you want, that way you always cover yourself.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
How many people would actually find out about it? Probably very few unless someone told them. Don’t forget if you raise a section 75, your credit card provider is footing the bill, and they aren’t going to offer that option as it will cost them money.

Hopefully this helps anybody who was struggling to get their money back via credit card.

Always pay £100 on a credit card and then the rest on a debit card if you want, that way you always cover yourself.

Well I've just found out about it and immediately passed the information on to 15 other pissed off golfers!!!:D

OK....that bit I've highlighted explains a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.