Golf Groundhog Day.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My first experience of pitlochry was on tour with the cricket club when 18ish. Having not been to bed the night before and 36 holes ahead the uphill first few holes until you get to the spring (behind the 3rd green?) were something to endure to say the least. didnt help at the first having hit it 10 ft behind the pin I lipped the putt out only to watch it trundle on down off the front of the green and back down the hill lol

There is/was a little house by the 3rd that had water and/or a spring - blessing on a hot day. But you still have climbing to do to get to the 4th green. At least from there you see the whole course below you (and see the military jets at close quarters flying over your head - I believe they use the hill behind the 4th - Craigower - as a navigation check point). Doesn't half disrupt your putting.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Of courses I've played Killiow GC. Cracking little course with some great holes.

Fantasy course would have to be Kiawah island GC. One of my favourites on WGT.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Of the Courses I've played it would have to be Hawkstone Parks Hawkstone course in Summer.

Of the worldys........ The Emirates Golf Club in Dubai

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
If were doing courses we've played as well then my choice is relatively limited but:

Played: Knowle Park, I love the setting and the deer roaming round.

Fantasy: I'll stick with Pebble.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Muirfield for me.

Though I might have to pass on the Fillet Steak in Red Wine Sauce:thup: and their Puddings if hoping to last very long! :p

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Wentworth, but the layout as it was before it was butchered by Ernie Els.

I don't think it's been butchered. And certainly not by Els - though it's his name on the changes. He was charged with 'makng evert hole a championship hole' an I think that brief was fulfilled. I think even the 18th is about right now - after 3 attempts - and really just demonstrated the 'a little knowledge can be dangerous' imo!

If you want Colt magic, try The East off the whites (though the par 3s are better - more variety - off the yellows imo) or Swinley, or S'dale New!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't think it's been butchered. And certainly not by Els - though it's his name on the changes. He was charged with 'makng evert hole a championship hole' an I think that brief was fulfilled. I think even the 18th is about right now - after 3 attempts - and really just demonstrated the 'a little knowledge can be dangerous' imo!

If you want Colt magic, try The East off the whites (though the par 3s are better - more variety - off the yellows imo) or Swinley, or S'dale New!

There is no place for run offs on a heathland course. I wasn't that keen on the original course, but now......:(