Golf clubs in Leeds to join

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's now part of Q Hotels. It was pretty dreadful when owned by Leeds CC but has improved significantly. The previous owners (De Vere I think) put a lot of money into it.
I depends if you want to be a member of a hotel course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you've got the money you could OWN your own. Bids to be in by this next week. ??
https://eddisons.com/properties/leeds-golf-club-elmete-lane-rounhay-leeds-west-yorkshire-ls8/
I'm tempted. Do you want to go halves? Will £40 each do it? :LOL:.

Imagine, you set the holes how you want :unsure:. No par 3 over 150yds, no long par 4's. Dress code to be minimal, no block bookings of time slots for any section, BRS only :D, no visitors before midday, tea and coffee in mugs, not small cups. Ah, the little things.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm tempted. Do you want to go halves? Will £40 each do it? :LOL:.

Imagine, you set the holes how you want :unsure:. No par 3 over 150yds, no long par 4's. Dress code to be minimal, no block bookings of time slots for any section, BRS only:D, no visitors before midday, tea and coffee in mugs, not small cups. Ah, the little things.
I'll give it a miss thanks ;)

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a shame, as it's a nice course. We played there last year. It's a nightmare to find though, up a windy, narrow lane with barely enough room for one car to get by, never mind if you meet someone coming the other way!

Glad I didn't join on their point system!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

I currently live in Cheshire and I am a member of a local course. At the end of May I will be moving to Leeds - city centre, 5 mins from the train station.

Please could people recommend a club to join in the Leeds area. I will not always have a car to hand (living in city centre so not much need for a car) so a club that isn't too expensive to get to in a taxi would be ideal.

Used to play off 10 but slowly getting back into the game. Up for a challenging course.

Many thanks.
What have you tried so far then, matey?....... though the 2-ball situation must have made things rather difficult.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It used to be a good club but has been going downhill for some years. But the course still decent.
Has punched above it's weight for a long time. Only 1/2 mile from me but it's condition in winter & lack of practice facilities, would always dissuade me from joining.