Golf balls to avoid

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Frequently there will be threads about what the best golf balls are, or if X is better than Y, etc.

But I wondered if there are particular balls that you’ve hated, that’ve lost you distance, or feel terrible. Basically balls that you would never play or would never go in the bag again.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
And the "British Balls" that my dad used to give me when I first started playing. Having said that, surely a small ball follows the same logic that a bigger hole will be easier to play into, so I should have liked them really. :LOL:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Callaway Warbirds are not advisable for those who like feeling in their hands and wrists.

Pro V- great ball but absolute rip off and I don’t notice any difference between them and other half decent balls at my level.

Nike PD range. Awful.

I stick to mid range balls like Srixon ad-333, soft feels (never noticed distance loss re: above) and Wilson DX2. Does the job for me.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Personally, couldn’t get on with the Wilson DX2. Was just dead off of the putter for me.

I tend to use Srixon Soft Feel in the winter and AD333 tour in the Summer if I can find a good deal on them.

Wolf

Visit site
Any ball made by Titleist I simply won't use. Can't stand the feel of any of them and find them really overrated.

Also the Srixon AD333 or Soft feels, loss of distance and don't like the feel around the greens.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Callaway Warbirds are not advisable for those who like feeling in their hands and wrists.

Pro V- great ball but absolute rip off and I don’t notice any difference between them and other half decent balls at my level.

Nike PD range. Awful.

I stick to mid range balls like Srixon ad-333, soft feels (never noticed distance loss re: above) and Wilson DX2. Does the job for me.

I'll have all your remaining PD soft balls then. :) Always willing to help. (y)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pinnacle, Ultra (whatever they are), Donnay (why make them?), Titleist (DT solo, Velocity...well most actually). Not keen on AD333 either. Recently had a big sort out of the golf balls I had and will never use and dumped them on my mate. Well he's rubbish and it won't matter what ball he uses. Plus when he's using them in a knock with me I won't be looking for them either. LOL