Golf balls to avoid

Neeko1988

Visit site
Any ball made by Titleist I simply won't use. Can't stand the feel of any of them and find them really overrated.

Also the Srixon AD333 or Soft feels, loss of distance and don't like the feel around the greens.

Your full of the joys aren’t u ?

Neeko1988

Visit site
I tend to swap between pro v1 pro v1x in the summer. This winter i have been using Bridgestone tour brx. But anything premium such as tp5 chromesoft etc I’ve used in the past and don’t seem to tell much difference

Can’t stand soft feel but don’t mind ad333

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Frequently there will be threads about what the best golf balls are, or if X is better than Y, etc.

But I wondered if there are particular balls that you’ve hated, that’ve lost you distance, or feel terrible. Basically balls that you would never play or would never go in the bag again.
Srixon Soft Feel

Just totally weird for me...A club and a half longer on irons - that makes up for being 15+ yards shorter on Driver. And absolutely NO FEEL with the putter! All other balls are 'tolerable' for me, if not in my 'preferred' category. But those I'll NEVER play (except to confirm my hatred)! Found one of my ex-favourites a while ago (Cally HX56). My preference - and ball techlology - has definitely moved on. I used to think this ball had 'feel'!

All that stated, I've 6 dozen Srixon Distance balls waiting to be used - bought very cheaply for use this and next Winter!

For me, it's all about feel off the putter - other attributes are definitely by the by!

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Top Flite, Pinnacle. Don't even know if they are sold anymore but I see them out on the course still. They are the only ones I leave behind

I'm happy to hit everything else ?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Although it's no longer made by Spalding and is now sold in sporting goods stores instead of pro shops, the urethane-covered Top Flite Gamer doesn't play much differently than a ProV1 at just under half the price. This is what I've been told, at least.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I avoid anything callaway after the quality of their balls was exposed by mygolfspy.

I use pearl grade pro v lake balls. Defo avoid refinished ones as there’s no way of telling what you actually have but the theory that lake balls are rubbish is people just believing the propaganda. I used new mid range balls believing the same thing but I get much better performance out of Pearl grade, look just like new, tour grade balls.

personally I don’t touch anything that’s not a pro v or tp5. For winter Ill occasionally use a ad333 But even the z stars I don’t like.

D

Deleted member 21258

Left a ball on the course that I found their, it was a split ball.;)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember the maxfli stuff, they never really got on with me.
Now most stuff is fine apart from top flite xl, molitor etc
Quite happy with AD333 tours, tru feel is okay for winter like the DT solo was .. Summer not sure about Pro V S they seem inconsistent around the green, otherwise most of the spin options are fine

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very subjective. As a beginner I'd suggest that any ball will do and the cheaper the better while you're losing 4-5 per round.

Funny that someone mentioned Pinnacle. I was under the impression balls like the Pinnacle Soft were made at the same place at Titleist and were in fact the Titleist NXT (as was) rebranded for a different market. Was that the case or an urban myth? Sure I read it on here at some point