Golf App & Tripod (Does One Exist)

oo7ml

Visit site
Hi,

I am recently back playing golf after a few years off.

I am very conscious that my swing has started to come back around me low which is leading to a draw or more of a hook :)

Anyway, I've put my iPhone behind me on the ground and recorded a few shots, which is quite "admin heavy". Does anyone know if there is an app that you can run to help the alignment and recording of your swing, which is connected to an Apple watch so you can control the recording of each shot?

I'm an app developer by trade, so I'll put one together (free for all members here :) but if one exists it would save me some time?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Hi,

I am recently back playing golf after a few years off.

I am very conscious that my swing has started to come back around me low which is leading to a draw or more of a hook :)

Anyway, I've put my iPhone behind me on the ground and recorded a few shots, which is quite "admin heavy". Does anyone know if there is an app that you can run to help the alignment and recording of your swing, which is connected to an Apple watch so you can control the recording of each shot?

I'm an app developer by trade, so I'll put one together (free for all members here :) but if one exists it would save me some time?
I'm with you on the inconvenience of stop start recording and all the non swingtime recorded, although not in the apple ecosystem so no knowledge there. Guess it might be a small target audience (golf, practice, iPhone, Apple watch), but if you are making your own...

If you had money to burn, take a look at liveview pro.
Think they have a sound activated handsfree recording option which might provide inspiration.
When practising at home I occasionally rig up a crude DIY version of it (without the handsfree - but easier to control without stepping away).

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
I’ve used the Swing Profile Analyzer app before. Very easy to setup - I used a phone holder clamped to an alignment stick in the bag as a crude tripod at the appropriate height behind me. The app is fully automatic - screen changes colour when you’re framed correctly, and then automatically films when you start your backswing until your follow through. There’s also a free version if you‘re ok with a limit of just a few videos an hr. I think it only takes down the line perspective though.