Golf after finger break

Sheffieldhacker

Club Champion
Visit site
Morning all,
exciting week ahead for us, COME ON EUROPE!!
Anyway, onto the point. I broke my finger 3 weeks ago and the wire is coming out next week. I then have a few more weeks of the strap on it.
Has anyone here been through this and how did you find getting back on the course and how long until you felt comfortable hitting full shots again?

From what I’ve been told it’s 12 weeks until full healing but they said it could be anytime until full movement is back.Middle finger on my left hand aswel so not ideal.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Morning all,
Anyway, onto the point. I broke my finger 3 weeks ago and the wire is coming out next week. I then have a few more weeks of the strap on it.
Has anyone here been through this and how did you find getting back on the course and how long until you felt comfortable hitting full shots again?

From what I’ve been told it’s 12 weeks until full healing but they said it could be anytime until full movement is back.Middle finger on my left hand aswel so not ideal.

It’s not the same thing but very similar. I had the Brabazon booked 4 weeks in advance and the day before dislocated my finger (left hand middle) playing football.

Turned up for the round the next morning extremely hung over, took plenty of ibuprofen, shot my worst score to date but didn’t come last! Thoroughly enjoyed myself none the less. Carried on playing roughly 2/3 times a week during the healing process and to be honest it was always a great excuse for playing shite.

Attachments

• B2FCC2DD-E1CB-4B48-90C0-EE9BEB8E709D.jpeg
    B2FCC2DD-E1CB-4B48-90C0-EE9BEB8E709D.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 5

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

I had a spiral fracture of my wedding ring finger about 8 years ago. I was in a cast for 4 weeks then a brace for about 6 weeks. I then had 2 weeks of intensive physio at Flint House, Goring and I was back out on the course.