GM Staff v GM Forum - The Video (Birdieman reveals himself)

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Haven't been on for a while and saw this thread - looks like a ding-dong battle. Good to see the forum team holding their end up! Could you guys tell us what handicaps you were playing off. With my untrained eye I reckon Jezz Ellwood is the lowest handicapper?

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golfdonkey,

the handicaps were as follows.

Fergus Bissett 1
Jezz Ellwood 5
Birdieman 5
Me 9

Jezz did play a blinder, though. 100% fairways and very steady throughout the bag. When I was talking to him after the round I think he said he reckons he was round in 3 over par on his own. I'm guessing Fergus must have been close to that, too. Very good round the Jubilee. They gave us a golfing lesson, my friend.

B

birdieman

That's the mighty Madandra...hops on the birdie bus for fun!!

He is now the new birdieman having hit 3 to my 2 birdies on the day, could be something of a bandit...take him on at your peril!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
That's the mighty Madandra...hops on the birdie bus for fun!!

He is now the new birdieman having hit 3 to my 2 birdies on the day, could be something of a bandit...take him on at your peril!

birdieman, only a fellow member of madandra's team could say that!

seriously though, the boy was on fire

1st birdie at the par 5 6th... this was on if you kept in on play (and didn't skank your second miles right into the gorse as I did)

2nd birdie at 7...just a radar shot. nuff said

3rd birdie at 8...blind shot from behind a dune, really didn't need that and throughly put me off my wedge from 100 yards

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never mind, Mike.

Birdieman and I worked out that Madandra and Atticus beat us 4 & 3 as well. Now if they can beat us then they must be really good. As good as, well, Jezz & Fergus, actually.