GM Staff v GM Forum - The Video (Birdieman reveals himself)

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi chaps,

Just uploaded the short video of what coverage we got of the GM v GM Forum match on Friday.

There's not a lot (bit of a misunderstanding with David, the photographer) but there is of course the excitement of seeing Birdieman in the flesh (as it were) for those who haven't put a face, and a swing, to a name.

To give myself the confidence to actually ever play again I added a bit showing that I CAN hit a fairway wth my driver. I hadn't hit one until the 12th hole but thank God my partner could.

Here it is;-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ey5zJ8JTdM

Please, no laughing. My confidence is fragile. :(

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whoa....how professional d'y'all look!?

No drunk octopus, or only-a-swing-a-mother-could-love stuff going on here.....another fine addition to the J_F channel on youtube......

Dave

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
We lost on the last, I'm afraid, Swingstar, after being 3 up with 4 to play. Birdieman and I were 7 under our handicaps, better ball, after the 14th but ran out of juice.

However, My new heroes, Madandra and Atticus_Finch, won their game 4 & 3 to preserve the good name of the forum.

All details on the separate post from Neil Tappin (yes, its' a real name) from Friday.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an amazing picture of everyone at dinner at St Andrews INCLUDING birdieman but he is such an enigma he was to quick for my camera. He is 3rd from the right.

Gmdinner.jpg

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not wishing to be a pedant but could we have a name check left to right in the above photo....alright right to left if you insist.

I recognise the chap in the grey sweater from the video gear reviews but would appreciate clarification on the rest of the gents.

Clearly Mr. Birdieman has discovered the secret arts known only to those in The Matrix and has been captured mid- strike in a sea of otherwise static golfers.

Mr birdieman - do you indeed 'know' Kung -fu? ;)

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm second from the right with Mike Harris(Editor) to my left.
Paul O'Hagan(Equipment writer) is to Birdieman's right, with Jezz(Equipment editor) next to him.

Next to him is Fergus Bisset(Guest writer?) With David (Photographer) and John_Findlay. Madandra took the photie

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm second from the right with Mike Harris(Editor) to my left.
Paul O'Hagan(Equipment writer) is to Birdieman's right, with Jezz(Equipment editor) next to him.

Next to him is Fergus Bisset(Guest writer?) With David (Photographer) and John_Findlay. Madandra took the photie

Thank you. Enjoying my subscription and from now being able to put faces to names on the articles.

bill

B

birdieman

John
Good footage, had no idea I was so locked in the knees particularly on the second shot and over-reaching, must have been the tension! gotta flex 'em a bit more and stand closer to ball, I see you included my blocked 5 wood at 17, bad swing, an awful shot...thanks for that.. lol.
I didn't realise my identity was of any importance whatsoever, anyway name's Stuart, in the unlikely event that anyone's even remotely interested!
Do I know Kung Fu...definitely not! Do I know how to blow a 3 hole lead..absolutely!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry Stu,

there were only 2 shots of you and I felt I should get them both in, no matter the result! David did an excellent job slipping these in on top of running about the course like a mad thing. Never seen my swing from these angles before. Very revealing for both of us, don't you think?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thought there was some pretty good swings there. Well done. Not sure whether I was mistaken but did one of you guys take his trolley across the tee?

If so at our club you would have received a letter!!

glad you had a great day.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
madandra - brilliant photo! I love the fact that birdieman is still an enigma but looks like it was a great golf day, esp the analysis of the should-have-been shots over the pints in clubhouse.

B

birdieman

Not sure whether I was mistaken but did one of you guys take his trolley across the tee?
Guilty as charged your honour...I'm the only trolleyer in our group! No probs at my club with trolley on tee, though I leave it at side usually, never near a green of course... However the only way to the cart path was over that tee I think, no alternative route provided, wouldn't take cart over tee usually.
I await a letter!