GM at The Masters

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who has the fittest WAG walking about?

How much is the beer?

If I got on the plane now what are my chances of getting a ticket?

Would I be able to resist punching a yank screaming get it in the hole on a par 5 tee shot?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Happy birthday, hope ya had a great night. Some cracking 4 days to look forward to. Could you have asked for a better birthday present (well maybe a go around amen corner but..)

Here is a question for ya. What are the two of you both looking forward to most? Or what are you dying to do whilst you are there? Dont worry, let the kids inside of you out, we wont judge!

And can you knick me some grass please just enough to fit in a little bag! Will pay you for it! :p

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Last week on thed PGA tour in texas they were saying that the course they were playing on was possibly the best conditioned course they have ever played on........surely Augusta must top that or does the beauty that comes across on T.V. mask the fact that it is well conditioned but not as great as it looks? I heard green dye etc is used to accentuate the looks,any truth or is it as wonderful as it looks?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
EChtloon, I hope it is true, its bloody awful the way they behave. Im turning into such a grumpy old man, think I need to go for a lay down.

par_par_par_treble

Assistant Pro
Visit site
EChtloon, I hope it is true, its bloody awful the way they behave. Im turning into such a grumpy old man, think I need to go for a lay down.

its fun to shout to your mate as he tops one 10 yards off the tee though...

followed by "Your the man tiger!"

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Neil,

Hope you haven't got lost in the fog and wondered in to somewhere you shouldn't be!? How much is the fog going to be an issue for the early starters - looks like there are some people struggling already (Shaun Micheel)?

ACP

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Here's one - are you ever going to answer any of the questions posted or are you too hungover and sunburnt (in the traditional English way of not applying effective suncream - factor 15+ at least - but spending all day in shorts and polo tops immediately after arriving from a Wintery homeland). :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now that play has been delayed by the fog, what are the players doing? Are they trying to keep them selves focused, and if so how?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Must be hell for them! And what is your pre round warm up neil? Hair of the dog or a glass of resolve?

By the way, have you knicked my grass yet?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out of interest is there any notable difference between the behaviour of the pros at augusta as opposed to any other course they play on, for example to they seem more nervous than usual? I know they are all ultra professional and seem to be able to block out their surroundigns incredibly well, but does the whole occasion get on top of some of them?

NeilTappin

GM Staff
Visit site
Tony, my pre-round warm up consisted of a strong coffee and the legendry Augusta breakfast biscuit (see Luke's food blog from yesterday for details). Feeling on top of the world now. Incidentally, it's extremely hot out there at the mo. The late starters are going to find it tough. As for your grass - they'd probably hunt me down and kick me out!

Madandra, I've also heard those rumours about fake flowers. I can neither confirm or deny... Apparently they are situated to the left of the 13th fairway and green. Not even my press pass will get me in there to find out.

Eaglehunter, I think there's a big difference in the way the players are behaving. I don't it's nerves necessarily but they all seem to be trying a few percent harder than usual. Pace of play is pretty slow so maybe they're also really savouring the experience.

Neil

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Neil

In an earlier reply you said that there didn't appear to be much wildlife around. On the BBCi coverage on Amen Corner this afternoon there was a lot of background bird song - different sounds on different holes. Is this apparent on course, is it real, is it piped, or possibly added to the TV sound track for "effect"?