GM at the 2008 US Masters

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Evening all

GM trio Neil Tappin, Luke Norman and Bill Elliott head out to Augusta on Sunday and will be serving up some unique coverage LIVE from the great event as of Monday next week.

In the meantime have a look round our new Masters microsite http://golf-monthly.co.uk/masters2008/ and prepare for a full on dose of Masters fever

Enjoy!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll see you there then - (I wish). There's no glamour in this Golf Magazine lark you know.
Thanks for the heads-up on this.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Oh my heart bleeds for you poor journos. :eek:

It's all work, work, work for you isn't it?

I can't imagine having to go to a classic American golf tournament and have to watch golf, never mind the intense toil of having to write about it.

Make sure you get 3 square meals a day boys, don't settle for a liquid lunch as they often end up becoming a liquid laugh some time later!

Looks good GM, something else to keep up with. Enjoy the experience.........any room in your suitcase? I'll be no trouble, honest!

Liam_Austin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well to be honest the closest im ever goin to get to a major golf tournament like augusta will be the Bmw Championship at Wentworth in may, anyone else goin ??

Ive got free tickets though since my cousin caddies for David Howell n' all

Liam

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
poor guys Neil, Luke and Bill...Is that their punishment for being late to work too many times.

Wish I could go, doubt I ever will though.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I may just start my own golfing magazine and cover it myself. If i can just raise the funds.

Subscription to Golf Fortnightly Magazine anyone?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll subscribe if you just so happen to be offering an award of a trip to the masters to the person who is the first to sign up for a subscription.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its tough for poor Luke. From Royal Ascot to Augusta. Its like going from Blue Square Southern League to Premiership in one go.

Hope the guys enjoy it and look forward to seeing what they deliver (make sure you work them hard Mike)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mike, when's the draw for who gets to carry their bags?

Liam, yes I'm planning to go. I had thought maybe two days, the practice on Wednesday and either Thursday or Friday. drop me a pm and see what we can fix up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Liam, Viscount

As my course is a ten minute drive from the main entrance to Wentworth, you are more than welcome to take in a game at my club late afternoon if you fancy it.

PM and let me know when it is on and we can sort something out

golfer1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Maybe next year GM could run a competition to let a member of the forum go to the Masters, as a reporter. This would mean that either Neil, Luke or Bill would have to give up their spot, but they seem like nice guys, so i don't think that would be a problem. :D :D :D

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wow! - think the others have said it all in terms of this being the dream ticket.
The microsite is a great idea too. One picky thing. Why can't we comment directly on GM blogs? It would feel much more immediate than sending an emai, even if there's a delay while the comment is moderated.

AliB

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mike,

Do the guys get to go in the media draw to play the course after the Masters has finished?

Have any of you guys been successful in the draw?

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

the guys can indeed put into the ballot to play on Monday - Neil and I did last year but we didnt make it.

Everyone tends to put in (so about 500 media) but only 36 get drawn out and that's right across newspapers, mags, online, TV and radio

Once you get drawn you then can't be drawn again for another 5 years

Bill had only come out once three years ago and he's been 27 times!

Fingers crossed for Neil and Luke eh...

re blogs - comments will be added when the new website appears!

Liam_Austin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Of course guys im not sure whether i can take the day off school as it falls between my exams, i was thinkin of going saturday and sunday, I no it will be busy but i just want to watch some golf to be honest.

So if you wanted to do something late afternoon saturday Homer I would be happy to.