Rate My Golf Swing: The GM Staff

NeilTappin

GM Staff
Visit site
Murph, I believe it has. It's a bit like a Lionel Messi shot!

Interestingly, I note that Steph's video has had the most views...

Points-wise, I'll let one of the others answer that as I don't want to be accused of immodesty!

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very easy for us to criticise with their swings up there and ours nowhere to be seen! As we all know its not about how but how many, and as those who have met/played with them at meets know these guys know how to get it round a golf course. That said, Steph still has the best swing :p

Mikes is the one that interests me most, seems to be a lot of moving parts but a great rhythm, I may be wrong but I'm guessing hand eye co-ordination, rhythm and natural ability trumps technical correctness (and for that I salute you!)

Pretty much what I thought.

Steph's is far the best looking with great tempo and I bet she sends it out there a mile, arrow straight.

It might not be pretty but there is something about Mike's swing that makes me think he'll get it round Ok without getting in too much trouble. Looks like the sort of swing you might see on the champions/seniors tour (that is meant as a compliment!)

Mozza73

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For me personally, Neil Tappin.

Quite a short backswing but this is no bad thing, nice lag, flat wrist at impact and good weight transfer to a balanced finish. Stephanie's is a close second.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have to agree that Steph's swing was the best. She can't be off 23, surely...?

Quite liked Mike's too. He seems to catch ball-then-turf very nicely and has a good rythm.

Fair play for putting them up :)

Says in the comments section shes off 23, I couldn't believe it either. Her swing is better than mine and i'm off 8, all I can say to her if it is correct is practice your short game!!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
When's the next fitting opportunity? ;)

Don't know but I'm going to remodel my swing on Mike's :smirk: :thup: :whoo:

Actually his swing isn't too bad, a bit 'Homeresque' with the upper body in the backswing/transition and brings the club down a little across the line which should produce a pretty straight ball flight with an iron. I'd imagine he struggles to shape it right to left though (draw) and pretty much hits pulls and straight shots with irons and high(ish) fades with the driver. Not bad for an old fella ;)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now I am selected for the TM day I can say they are all.............. better than mine :(

lets be honest, aslong as it works for each individual who cares how good it looks ;)

sajkox

Club Champion
Visit site
after watching them all I got back and examined Neil and Stephanie a lot as I liked them the most (swings I mean).
Could't decide which one I prefer
imo Neil dsnt finish backswing and Stephanie has this thing with left elbow at follow through that makes me afraid of her
Is that what people call chicken wing or is it all ok ?

All in all it was great to watch them all and I will certainly try to copy Stephanie's swings this weekend :)

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If steoh plays off 23 swinging like that, 15 minutes here and there with her putter/wedge and the rest of you in that office better "forget" your wallets at your next outing!! Lol