Gloves

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't usually wear a glove but my hands are a bit worn down from work and I was thinking of trying one through the winter.
Is there much difference in all the different ones available? Which feels lightest/most natural?
Also my hands measure 9" long and 4 1/2" wide what size will I need?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If you are opting for a leather one it needs to be snug without being too tight as they do stretch a tad with use. If you go for synthetic there won't be as much stretch. I'd recommend putting one on and gripping a club in the shop before you buy to see how it feels.

I use FJ Sci Flex (leather) and a FJ rain glove (gives better grip the wetter it gets)

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
LOL

Same size as my hand. FootJoy do an XXL glove for your left hand, but I wouldnt know if they fit as they only do XL for lefties :(

My glove is slightly too small I think and was causing a bit of pain in my joints so be careful and get a good one. Might have the XXL on eBay :) if not look on the FJ website :)

Mattie

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really like the Srixon leather glove I can get them for £6.99 from my local golf store or £9.00 from my pro. Hmmm choices choices eh! seriously they are a great glove.

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I tried a few at the pro shop today and just bought the one that fits best. The Taylormade Targa tour XL, it feels nice and im going to give it a go on the course tomorrow, I know a glove isn't going to improve my game but I felt more confident in my grip on the range today.

rhubarbtheatregolf

Medal Winner
www.rhubarbtheatre.co.uk
I know its a bit pricey, but I haven't looked back since I started using the Bionic glove - much better padding on the joints, good quality materials, and - this is subjective of course - a very stable feeling when I grip. As a consequence, I've been able to loosen any tightness on my grip on shots, which allows me a more fluid/relaxed/easy swing. Oh, and the glove has lasted me a long time too. To be honest, I haven't tried it in the rain yet - so the jury is still out on that...

janmolby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Parmo has brought up something which i meant to ask about before, how do people wash their gloves? Parmo sticks them in the washing machine & they come out fine but whenever I wash the gloves I use they have ended up hard as a rock (no jokes please). Don't ask me what type they are as I haven't a clue but which ones can be machine washed & which ones can't?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have never even tried to wash one. I wear it til it either stinks, goes green, goes solid, or gets a hole in it. Then I break out a new one.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
The GTX is not a leather glove and so wears longer and once I have washed it, I fling it on the radiator(sp) to dry, then once dry put it on and stretch by making fists (usually at the wife) ;)

Works a treat I tell thee...

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have never even tried to wash one. I wear it til it either stinks, goes green, goes solid, or gets a hole in it. Then I break out a new one.

Agreed , mine tend to last about a month before they move to the practice bag. So a month in the playing bag and a month in the praccy bag all told

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
mine rarely lasted a month. they were stretching by early into week 2, worn patches or holes week 3 or 4.
sizes are awkward, ML wide but then the fingers are too long, hence I stick with skin.

ericsonnycon

Medal Winner
Visit site
I bought 3 titleist permasoft gloves for £15,(offer on at local shop) had holes in them after playing about 7 or 8 rounds, is this normal or should they last longer? :D

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a Footjoy Cabretta Leather glove about 18 months ago and used it loads whilst playing and at the range. It started to look a bit worn so i bought the Nike Dri Tour 2 in leather. Nice glove but wore out fairly quickly (wore a hole in it close to the wrist area) and so i have just got the FJ one back out of the side pocket. I also had a titleist one which lasted about five minutes. The FJ one is a good glove but the Nike one feels much nicer to wear but is not as long lasting.