Best value golf gloves?

sjw

Visit site
I've been rocking the ones I have for so long now that they are really grubby and I can feel the clubs slipping in my hand a bit, which I think is leading to (or not exactly helping with) my hook. No doubt my clubs could do with better grips as well, but they're not worth regripping.

Anyway, I haven't bought a glove for a while as I had an expensive couple of months and I was trying to save money by avoiding all those small purchases that add up.

Gloves being consumable, what's a decent way to buy them cost-effectively? I don't really want to spend more than £30 in a lump, but if that could get me 3 or 4 decent gloves that would be great. Also, the more durable the glove, the better.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I really like Zero Friction gloves and have used them for a few years now … they seem to be hard wearing. The basic ones are about a tenner.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I recently bought a pack of 3 gloves from here: https://www.gxgolfgloves.com/

I haven't used them yet so can't verify how good they are - they get pretty good reviews though. I bought the pack of three all-weather variety with the mesh backs, and they were a little over £20 for three gloves with free postage. Seems pretty good value as long as they aren't crap.

This was it - https://www.gxgolfgloves.com/produc...love-built-for-rain-and-heat-3-pack-same-hand - if you sign up to the mailing list they send you a code for 10% off.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How long - approx in months / rounds - should a glove last?

I probably buy about 4 a year I reckon
It depends how often you play, how tightly you grip the club. I usually get 9-12 months out of one, probably play 30-35 rounds a year (approx). I used to get less, it would wear on the heel of my palm but after a lesson I start to grip the club more in my fingers, hold it less tightly, and the wear reduced.

Mandofred

Visit site
Great glove but I'm not sure it's the best value glove at £13 a pop.
Yep.....they seem to last longer than any other glove I've had in recent times. I play at least 3 times a week and usually get in some extra practice. I've had the current one for at least a couple of months and it is looking at the end of it's life finally.

RichA

Visit site
Anyone tried the Vice gloves?
I've got big hands and short fingers so any company that makes gloves in cadet sizes interests me. Mizuno have stopped making them and I'm down to my last one.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
How long - approx in months / rounds - should a glove last?

I probably buy about 4 a year I reckon

I'd reckon on half a dozen per year since the humidity here corrodes like crazy (& I won't play with a manky glove even if it's not worn through)