Gloating golfers

D

Deleted member 1740

Its funny how some who were "key workers" last week but now golf is allowed they've booked days off and shuffled work around in the most hours of need to be teeing off at 11:20am etc.

They should hang their heads in shame.

We're starting to see who the real key workers are.

D

Deleted member 1740

Partly tongue in cheek...? I am grateful my pastime is golf and i am able to play, but its not all about me and I must remain aware and sensitive of others less fortunate as i get back onto my track doing what i enjoy.

Very nice of you to do so Hogie ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was playing crap before the lock down, I dread to think what it's going to be like when we eventually do get back to it :eek:.
But still looking forward to it, even though it'll probably be pissin down and freezing cold. Good news is, I won't go up point 1 :LOL::LOL:

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Its funny how some who were "key workers" last week but now golf is allowed they've booked days off and shuffled work around in the most hours of need to be teeing off at 11:20am etc.

So people who are "key workers" can't try to book some time off to play golf and have some respite like everyone else?

Perhaps they need a day off from the most stressful time - "they've booked days off and shuffled work around in the most hours of need".

Maybe you need to hang your head a bit.

Last edited:

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

Imagine working twice as hard for no additional benefits or renumeration, in a dangerous environment (for most). So that people who sit on there arse earning 80% or in most cases their full wages can try and live somewhat of a normal life and have access to things they need. And then imagine being criticised for trying to take one normal day (or the closest the new rules have allowed it to be) to try and de-stress after being at it for almost 2 months.

I'm a key worker and I don't even have the stress of having to go to a workplace. I have been working minimum 70 hour weeks since the 16th of march. Guess what? Now i'm allowed, I took a day off and cycled all day, after being on the verge of a couple breakdowns from stress and anxiety it was much needed.

Your take is :poop: and hugely ungrateful. You should be the one hanging your head.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Duplicate post .... mods mods ?
If you've got the time, you'll probably find it Copied and Pasted into every thread that is remotely connected to playing golf.

PS I am preparing myself to be barred.

In my defence it was such a crushing victory that even confounded the Forum Bookie, that it deserves wider publication ?
Secondly I did start the second post with a note that it was also on this thread.

Thirdly I somehow resisted the temptation to post it on the “I Played Today” thread
Out of sympathy for my poor embarrassed brother, who has suffered enough ribbing albeit well deserved.

???

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

D

Deleted member 1740

@DanFST and @ExRabbit Nobody needs to tell me about understaffed, underprotected, hardworking frontline key workers.

I see it 1st hand and have to deal with my wife coming home after a 12hour shift in absolute bits after what shes seeing and the people shes providing excellent care for.

Those are not the people I'm having a go at. It's the others who I've seen and heard who are telling the world how they're key workers but as soon as the golf courses open they're dropping work and cracking on like nothings happening.

Believe it or not golf courses will still exist after this.

And @DanFST as for your point - ]So that people who sit on there arse earning 80% or in most cases their full wages can try and live somewhat of a normal life and have access to things they need- is a poor comment, nobody is living a normal life right now. And don't forget some if us haven't even had 20% of our wages for nearly 3 months!!

I stand by my initial point.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm hoping to play my first round as a member of any golf club on the weekend. My local club introduced a trial membership earlier this year which I signed up to, just before they announced golf clubs could re-open. My 12 year old daughter is a junior member and has been through the club's coaching system since she was 8. We are hoping to have 9 holes together assuming we can get a tee time. Normally an early evening tee off wouldn't be a problem, but there's a bit of demand at the moment! I am really looking forward to it, but feel a bit guilty about it too, so am trying not to gloat.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
@DanFST and @ExRabbit Nobody needs to tell me about understaffed, underprotected, hardworking frontline key workers.

I see it 1st hand and have to deal with my wife coming home after a 12hour shift in absolute bits after what shes seeing and the people shes providing excellent care for.

Those are not the people I'm having a go at. It's the others who I've seen and heard who are telling the world how they're key workers but as soon as the golf courses open they're dropping work and cracking on like nothings happening.

Believe it or not golf courses will still exist after this.

And @DanFST as for your point - ]So that people who sit on there arse earning 80% or in most cases their full wages can try and live somewhat of a normal life and have access to things they need- is a poor comment, nobody is living a normal life right now. And don't forget some if us haven't even had 20% of our wages for nearly 3 months!!

I stand by my initial point.

The problem is your point like many comes across as a blanket post. You cannot post something then say well it's only aimed a certain percentage of people if you do not specify who those people are in the original post. Poor post

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It's bittersweet for sure but I am enjoying seeing the photos and vids of people playing.

You lot will just have to be very tolerant in a few weeks when we get to be this excited and it's old hat for you again....
To be honest - if I was living in Scotland I wouldn't be at all bothered about having to wait another week or three...virus situation is different and so be it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
First out on the 10th today...flying solo
And the blobs continued.
Failed to clear a bunker by 6 inches and the rest was hysterics
Settled down after that with a bogey on 11 but then it started to kick in..
Par, bogey, par, par, birdie, bogey, par to finish with 18 points
Irons are still shonkingly bad though...

D

Deleted member 1740

The problem is your point like many comes across as a blanket post. You cannot post something then say well it's only aimed a certain percentage of people if you do not specify who those people are in the original post. Poor post

My initial point stated "some".

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
First out on the 10th today...flying solo
And the blobs continued.
Failed to clear a bunker by 6 inches and the rest was hysterics
Settled down after that with a bogey on 11 but then it started to kick in..
Par, bogey, par, par, birdie, bogey, par to finish with 18 points
Irons are still shonkingly bad though...

Too little too late?