Gloating golfers

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I hope this post ks tongue in cheek because if not thrn Lighten up for god sake. People are allowed to have something to look forward to and enjoy especially with what's going on. Im happy people are pleased with themselves and now have some form of light and outlet.. There's enough misery and negativity as it is right now without being to concerned someone may actually have a reason to smile for a change ?
Of course it was tongue in cheek- maybe I should have put more emojis to show I was joking ????

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Cycled past a couple clubs today, sat and watched a couple groups teeing off on 9 at my old club.

My god I was jealous. On the plus side the standard off tee shots was piss poor :ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Cycled past a couple clubs today, sat and watched a couple groups teeing off on 9 at my old club.

My god I was jealous. On the plus side the standard off tee shots was piss poor :ROFLMAO:
As we were finishing, a Father and Son pairing was starting.
The lad is one of these wannabe pro-types....not quite a Keegan Bradley PSR but on the way to it...
Toes the first drive 45° right into a back garden, carved the 2nd into trees 70 yards from the tee....
Couldn't really laugh because I lost a ball there earlier but it did bring a smile....

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rules for playing right now have been revised. No more than 3 games in any 7 day period, and rounds to be social matchplay and timed for a max of 1hr 40 per 9 holes.
All 18 holes start at the 1st, and 10th tee starts only available for 9 holes until those doing 18 holes have made the 9th.
All games must be booked with a tee time.
No visitors or guests.
All seems fair enough.

NearHull

Visit site
Played 18 today in a two ball. The procedures were easy to follow, if a lttle strange. Three items of note, the bare patches alongside some tees still needing a lot of rain; the greens were very smooth; my game was quite good , ended up two over handicap which I am firmly blaming on a big hook off the 4th tee straight OOB. Hoping to book a couple of more rounds when the BRS opens in 20 minutes.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I hope this post is tongue in cheek because if not then Lighten up for god sake. People are allowed to have something to look forward to and enjoy especially with what's going on. Im happy people are pleased with themselves and now have some form of light and outlet.. There's enough misery and negativity as it is right now without being to concerned someone may actually have a reason to smile for a change ?
Partly tongue in cheek...? I am grateful my pastime is golf and i am able to play, but its not all about me and I must remain aware and sensitive of others less fortunate as i get back onto my track doing what i enjoy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I hit all 3 and made par on one of them. Want to buy a brand new Scotty, only used for 9 holes? ?

I'll get back to you if my milled Odyssey #9 mis-behaves when I play. I have been using the Visio mat and the gates on their narrowest margin (0.5 degrees margin of error) and getting it through so hoping at last we're back and about to enjoy a long and harmonious relationship. Somehow I doubt it as it has history

D

Deleted member 25172

8 points and 5 lost balls on the front 9 - and I loved every single second of it. Not a swear word coming out of my mouth. Woke up on the back 9 and had a respectable 17 points, finishing off with a sandy par.

Goodness me it feels good to be back out there again!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
16.00 tee as had to do some mowing jobs so no expectations , respectable drive down the middle , flushed a 4 iron 185 back into wind to 3 foot and holed the putt for birdie . Needless to say i was laughing like a drain, how B stupid is this game . Ended up with 33 points and Hid had 36 so happy days

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oooo it was nice out there
Course was lush, but windy, but nice sunshine

A certain member who has asked to remain nameless out of huge embarrassment amassed the grand total of 6 points in his 9 holes, losing 3 balls and working hard to achieve his 5 blobs ??

Would you like me to gloat some more?

First time I have played the course in summer conditions, greens were slick, drove pretty well, had 4 par putts which slipped by and blobbed the last, but happy with 14 points,
Plenty to work on and plenty to look forward to

Here’s to the next crushing Victory :)
Duplicate post .... mods mods ?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hope this post is tongue in cheek because if not then Lighten up for god sake. People are allowed to have something to look forward to and enjoy especially with what's going on. Im happy people are pleased with themselves and now have some form of light and outlet.. There's enough misery and negativity as it is right now without being to concerned someone may actually have a reason to smile for a change ?

I'd bet my house on it not being tongue in cheek.