Gloating golfers

D

Deleted Member 1156

Oh Gordon...if I get one today I'm going to be all over this.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)
:ROFLMAO:

(n)

We have made some routing changes to our layout to allow 9 hole loops so we are playing 1-7 & 17/18 or 8-16. I've booked 8-16 which means I'm teeing off on the longest and hardest par 3 on the course and it will be into the wind today, bluddy ironic if I aced it today :oops:

Visit site
Haven't they been playing in Germany for a week or two? I don't recall anyone telling them that we didn't want to hear their stories.
I'm playing Friday or Saturday, and after almost eight weeks of chipping balls in the garden, and whacking the odd plastic ball, I'm hoping that it won't be an enormous letdown.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haven't they been playing in Germany for a week or two? I don't recall anyone telling them that we didn't want to hear their stories.
I'm playing Friday or Saturday, and after almost eight weeks of chipping balls in the garden, and whacking the odd plastic ball, I'm hoping that it won't be an enormous letdown.
It's all about expectation isn't it? Unless you are one of those ultra competitve golfers, just go out, enjoy the walk, enjoy whacking a ball again. If you are then stop it, dont be daft :LOL:

I'm the same as you, Friday and Saturday. I wont be counting shots, just enjoying being out again. Grumpiness about bad shots can wait until round 3 or 4 :D. Normal service etc...........

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Could be a huge boost I’ve seen loads of people playing a couple of local courses open to visitors today

Never seen or heard them ever mention liking golf before so I assume they’re getting out there for the first or maybe gave it up And getting back into it

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is how long he had taken for his 9 holes at that point, and was still counting...... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well I am a senior, that's not toooo bad for 9 holes is it ;), its been so long since I last played I can't remember if I am a quick player or not :cautious:. Anyway got to go there seems to be a very long queue behind me, good job I am on my own.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Oooo it was nice out there
Course was lush, but windy, but nice sunshine

A certain member who has asked to remain nameless out of huge embarrassment amassed the grand total of 6 points in his 9 holes, losing 3 balls and working hard to achieve his 5 blobs ??

Would you like me to gloat some more?

First time I have played the course in summer conditions, greens were slick, drove pretty well, had 4 par putts which slipped by and blobbed the last, but happy with 14 points,
Plenty to work on and plenty to look forward to

Here’s to the next crushing Victory :)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm looking forward to hearing from others how they enjoyed their game, pictures too please...

As is my right, I led the way today and, very surprised, straight out of the meat on the first - middle of the fairway and around 200 yards - very decent for me. 2-balls only for 9 holes only but I was very happy indeed. Short game was pretty pants but everything else not too bad. One hole didn't finish (lost ball on 2nd shot on par 3 - don't ask), 4 bogeys, 2 doubles and 2 PARS - par on the last hole. Finished in 1.5 hours. Course in great condition - picture is from 1st tee, 390 yard par 4.First fairway.jpg

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Was it the one you weren't meant to be playing at the time ?

If it were me it definitely wouldn't have been..
It was actually a corker of a drive on a tricky driving hole. Messed up the 8 iron , chip and putt though....but by then I wasnt expecting anything else...

Wolf

Visit site
...and we best not sound too pleased with ourselves as there's a lot of folk having a pretty (very) miserable time out there...:cautious:
I hope this post is tongue in cheek because if not then Lighten up for god sake. People are allowed to have something to look forward to and enjoy especially with what's going on. Im happy people are pleased with themselves and now have some form of light and outlet.. There's enough misery and negativity as it is right now without being to concerned someone may actually have a reason to smile for a change ?

Last edited: