Gleneagles, Kings Course

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was lucky enough to be selected to play for our club in a match against the Dun Whinny club, who play out of Gleneagles.

Great day all round, coffee and large bacon rolls with our guests as we arrived in the newly refurbished Dormy house.

There were 3 matches on the PGA course and 3 on the Kings, we were on the Kings. I was playing with my winter fourball partner and although we were 2 down with 2 to play we managed to snatch a half. So that means seven wins and one draw since October last year :). Weather was typically Scottish, sun, hailstones then more sun, enough for a bit of sun burn !!. Course was in good condition considering the winter weather, the greens were fast and true. The fairways were wider than I remember but that is maybe due to me playing gorse and heather lined links courses mainly

We retired for drinks and a two course meal back at the Dormy house to find out the match over all was an honourable draw :D. Great day out, great company and I just love playing the Kings Course, can't wait for my next trip.

The club matches for the rest of the year are Troon away, on holiday - can't play :(, Turnberry and St Andrews new at home, so not a bad set of club matches this year.

Last edited:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great photos, glad you enjoyed it and what a difference over the last week we have noticed in all the courses. Great what a bit of good weather can do for a golf course.

Playing a medal tomorrow on the PGA so just hope this weather holds up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks fabulous. Gleneagles is right at the top of my list of places to play. I just need to save up now. I'm pleased you found it as good as I hope it will be.

What a list of places your team play, wow.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great photos, glad you enjoyed it and what a difference over the last week we have noticed in all the courses. Great what a bit of good weather can do for a golf course.

Playing a medal tomorrow on the PGA so just hope this weather holds up.

Thanks, the guys we played with were saying that too. Fingers crossed the weather holds, forecast not looking great, Royal Troon for us tomorrow ;)

It's amazing who you bump in to on away days lol

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played the queens the other week as a guest of Spanky and did enjoy it despite not playing well.

When i played the kings it was wet so played really long.

i would say of the two i preferred the queens.

D

Deleted member 21258

The scenery is stunning and holes look okay:p, cant wait to play the course myself.

D

Deleted member 16999

Best course at Gleneagles for me, normally all 3 are in excellent condition.
Great league to be part of. :thup: