Glasgow gailes 13/100

G1z1

Visit site
Played Glasgow gailes this morning and what an unbelievably average golf course, I was really looking forward to playing GG. My Greenkeeper mate was telling me that GG was better than western gailes after I was saying how much I liked western gailes. Now I’m seriously questioning my mates opinions on anything golf related but seriously it had absolutely no stand out holes. I am not saying it’s a bad course but just nothing exciting about it or anything that would make me want to run back for another game. Played really well and used my driver on most holes and only lost a ball on the last hole with a bad slice.
Also I started at 8:30am right behind a 3 ball of older men I would say all looking around retirement age and they watched me stand on every tee box waiting and lost 5 balls between them in there round and not once did they wave me through. That’s a special kind of ignorant. Took me 3:30 to finish my round it was soul destroying lol

2CDC3164-D84D-45C7-B65E-7F5ACD7489E5.jpeg58B6C751-83AD-428B-8936-07CD21434A77.jpeg39DE4340-559F-40B2-AA8E-A15EC4220C6A.jpegA5AF8214-6D02-43CE-AB87-E5BB471B9FB8.jpeg

jmcp

Visit site
I played it last week and it was excellent. Think you are overly harsh on the course because you had a difficult experience being stuck behind a 3 ball, you are going to have a difficult time with your golf adventures if you don’t start speaking up for yourself now that golf courses are going to get busier and busier. Thanks.

Cheers, John

G1z1

Visit site
I played it last week and it was excellent. Think you are overly harsh on the course because you had a difficult experience being stuck behind a 3 ball, you are going to have a difficult time with your golf adventures if you don’t start speaking up for yourself now that golf courses are going to get busier and busier. Thanks.

Cheers, John
The condition of the course was excellent but the course itself was just bland golf, every other aryshire course in the top 100 I can pick stand out holes, GG just for me didnt have one great hole. I would put GG at the bottom of the aryshire top 100 courses but I still have to play royal Troon and west kilbride. How would you rate GG compared to the other top 100 courses in aryshire?

jmcp

Visit site
There are a few I have not played like Troon, Barassie and others but I would put Glasgow Gailes above West Kilbride and slightly above Irvine Bogside, although, both are courses I really enjoy playing.

I think you have to remember that links courses tend to look and play very differently at this time of the year compared to how they will look and play in a couple of months time when the heather etc.. has properly grown and the fairways are firmer. Thanks.

Cheers, John