Getting it right

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Dont play many competitions, work away half the year, then add holidays and weekends away dosen't add much time left.
There is normally a midweek stableford and a medal on a saturday, I'll try and get out midweek if home.
Saturday is normally a family day...........

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I was told by the handicap secretary that its imperative that you play as many counting competitions as possible this year in preparation of the new handicapping.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
i cant see the reasoning behind wanting to relax playing golf without a card ,do these people just not try to play their best when no card is in their grubby paws.
i try and play my best whatever ,if im playing im trying.
What?! I was brought up on the cut & thrust of 4BBB match play & its what my group still play when there are no competitions on. It can be really exciting. Take yesterday, for instance. My partner & I were 3 down after 3, still 2 down after 13 & won 1 up with the last putt of the match. A couple of weeks ago we hadn't won a hole for around the first 14 & won 1up, the first time we'd been ahead. Beats flogging away with a card in your hand when all your shots & more have gon in the first 9.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never been out on a summer afternoon after a tough day at work with a light bag and just played for the fun of it? Enyoing the sun and the scenry? Trying different shots, shapes etc? ;)

many times but it still dosent stop me from trying my best ,as you say in your post you are trying different shots ,so you must be giving your best to do so. . like i have posted earlier in the thread ,its golf and i love playing golf ,unfortunately im not very good but i give it my best on every shot.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
many times but it still dosent stop me from trying my best ,as you say in your post you are trying different shots ,so you must be giving your best to do so. . like i have posted earlier in the thread ,its golf and i love playing golf ,unfortunately im not very good but i give it my best on every shot.

do you have to have a card in your hand to give it your very best then?

if anything im more likely to try less in a medal once my score has gone than I am in a 4BBB game until its over (presses and bits included!)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not sure ours do, something on pretty much every weekend until July ,Aug and Sept, arguably when the course is in its best condition only 6 Sat comps in those 3 months.

also no competitive golf over winter, we just have best part or 5 months of 4BBB and Bounce games where you could end up not having to score on every hole, so usually takes a while to get in the swing of scoring again, unlike at Nairn Dunbar who have medals almost every weekend though NQ at least it keeps you competitive

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
nowhere have i said that i play with a card in my hands full time ,i have stated that i play all my golf to try my best on every shot ,be it matchplay [which i love playing ] or medal or stableford or a knockup with mates .to me if im on the course i try my best ,i dont see any reason not to ,if i wasnt trying i wouldnt be playing golf i would be spoiling a good walk.