Gamers

MACM85

Visit site
that is tempting me. Got platinums of Ghosts of Thushima, Assassins Creed Origins, Assassins Creed Odyssey and am half way through Valhalla so need something for after that. Was tempted wit the new COD but with only a 6 hour campaign it is too expensive as I only dip in and out of multiplayer. May see of there are some bargains on the previous Modern Warfare instead.

I always think COD is great if you want to play hours of multiplayer. Gone are the days I can bring myself to play that online.

Gotham Knights is alright so far. Wouldn't say it is as good as the other batman games that have been in the past.

Swango1980

Visit site
VR headsets, recommendations.

Tried one last week for 1st time think it was Occulas (not the version 2, but one before it). Was blown away how realistic and immersive it was.

Was going to just go out and buy one. However, I am not a PC Gamer, I play PS4. I will get a PS5 early next year most likely, and I hear Sony will be releasing a new headset.

So, don't want to go out, buy one and find games are limited. Then realise there is a much better one out there, or due to come out

And recommendations?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always think COD is great if you want to play hours of multiplayer. Gone are the days I can bring myself to play that online.

Gotham Knights is alright so far. Wouldn't say it is as good as the other batman games that have been in the past.

Don't think it ever will be..Arkham was one of the greatest games ever made and batman is outstanding.

This is more like a bolt on to just keep people interested

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
New Call of Duty out today, campaign is same as always so far, will jump into multiplayer later on tonight.
Campaign was good, some new mechanics, a great mix of stealth and shoot’em missions. Hanging upside down from the heli and shooting was another first :)

Multiplayer is OK, played quite a bit of it already in beta, so nothing too new but the maps. Will do it for the weapons grind for WZ2 once the “meta” settles in.

Otherwise, I’m back to Resurgence daily which is rumoured to disappear when they launch WZ2, which is a shame. Might go back to Battlefield 2014 at that point which has done lots of updates recently.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished the new COD campaign earlier then had a couple of hours on multiplayer (Hardpoint). Massively impressed, plays like a dream and I've already been topping leaderboards without really knowing the maps ?
Shame the battle pass isn't up and running yet, got some COD credits to burn on that lol.

MACM85

Visit site
Don't think it ever will be..Arkham was one of the greatest games ever made and batman is outstanding.

This is more like a bolt on to just keep people interested

That is exactly my thoughts on it. I loved the Batman series. Was hopefuly when this was announced. Fact they capped it at 30FPS for a next gen game seems nuts as well.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is exactly my thoughts on it. I loved the Batman series. Was hopefuly when this was announced. Fact they capped it at 30FPS for a next gen game seems nuts as well.

ive bought it to play , same as uncharted series on the PC.. ive completed that before. just something to enjoy rather than something ground breaking
much like tiger woods golf this year.. something to kill time

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Finished the new COD campaign earlier then had a couple of hours on multiplayer (Hardpoint). Massively impressed, plays like a dream and I've already been topping leaderboards without really knowing the maps ?
Shame the battle pass isn't up and running yet, got some COD credits to burn on that lol.
Season 1 is almost here, what guns have you levelled up? ;)
I’ve got the basic mix of M4, Taq-56, Lackman SMG and finishing the sniper MCR. That should keep me ok for the season start :)

Have been playing mostly Kill Confirmed and Invasion as the quickest to level up the guns in.

Despite a thousand comments to the contrary on Reddit, I’m quite enjoying it and it’s not been crashing too often :)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Season 1 is almost here, what guns have you levelled up? ;)
I’ve got the basic mix of M4, Taq-56, Lackman SMG and finishing the sniper MCR. That should keep me ok for the season start :)

Have been playing mostly Kill Confirmed and Invasion as the quickest to level up the guns in.

Despite a thousand comments to the contrary on Reddit, I’m quite enjoying it and it’s not been crashing too often :)

Maxed out the M4 and had a mixture of secondary weapons due to the insane attachment system ?
I watched a video yesterday saying the Taq 56 and the one ending in U have better TTK than any other guns so I'm currently getting those levelled up.
Still only really played Hardpoint, I really do need to get out more and try some other formats ?
Haven't had any issues yet, the menu system feels a little bare bones at the minute (where's Barracks?) but hopefully that will get sorted at S1 launch.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Maxed out the M4 and had a mixture of secondary weapons due to the insane attachment system ?
I watched a video yesterday saying the Taq 56 and the one ending in U have better TTK than any other guns so I'm currently getting those levelled up.
Still only really played Hardpoint, I really do need to get out more and try some other formats ?
Haven't had any issues yet, the menu system feels a little bare bones at the minute (where's Barracks?) but hopefully that will get sorted at S1 launch.
Yes, I’m getting the Kalashnikov (AKA Kastov-74u) too. ;)

What’s your view on the maps? I actually like Taraq(least popular for 6v6 map) for Hardpoint. The Sienna crossing gets a lot of stick too but found that it can be fun - just needs a different playstyle.

Overall, it’s definitely less of run/shoot/die than any previous CoD. :)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, I’m getting the Kalashnikov (AKA Kastov-74u) too. ;)

What’s your view on the maps? I actually like Taraq(least popular for 6v6 map) for Hardpoint. The Sienna crossing gets a lot of stick too but found that it can be fun - just needs a different playstyle.

Overall, it’s definitely less of run/shoot/die than any previous CoD. :)

I like all the maps really, least favourite is F1 but it’s still decent. I really like the Sienna Crossing map, had some great shootouts on there ?
Just Googling best load out for the Taq 56, that thing is a stone cold killing machine ?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like all the maps really, least favourite is F1 but it’s still decent. I really like the Sienna Crossing map, had some great shootouts on there ?
Just Googling best load out for the Taq 56, that thing is a stone cold killing machine ?
JGOD on YT is a good source for Meta loadouts. However, it’s now a bit more convoluted as some attachments need to be unlocked by using another gun etc.

FWIW, for Taq 56 JGOD goes with:
Muzzle: VLK Koloss
Underbarell: Phase-3
Ammunition: high velocity
Laser: FSS Ole-V
Sight: Cronen Mini Red Dot

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
JGOD on YT is a good source for Meta loadouts. However, it’s now a bit more convoluted as some attachments need to be unlocked by using another gun etc.

FWIW, for Taq 56 JGOD goes with:
Muzzle: VLK Koloss
Underbarell: Phase-3
Ammunition: high velocity
Laser: FSS Ole-V
Sight: Cronen Mini Red Dot

I don’t like using lasers, they give away your position a fair bit. I’ve decided to gold all the assault rifles and then pick the one I like the best ?