Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Mine fell off once when I wasn't wearing a belt. Now with the belt it makes the trousers a bit more sturdy and rigid so it seems to stay on, had no issues since

Think there was thread about this ages ago, and someone had invented a loop to secure it more safely. As an angler I use a loop of heavy pole elastic, but think a thick rubber band would suffice. Thread it behind your belt and then over the device a couple times...secure as anything then :lol:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I can't recall which thread it was on, but a few of us had contacted gamegolf in regards a few new tags.

Have anyone's arrived yet? 2 weeks for me and still no sign.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The clip on my device broke and I requested a new one from Game Golf, which they duly acknowledged. However after a month nothing had shown up and they shipped a new one. It turned up today, so I watched the video on how to replace it and attempted it. It's not quite as easy as the video suggested, as the top part has be be removed from the old one, and the screws are somewhat hidden under the clip. However I managed to remove it eventually and attach it to the new one.

This is where my problems really started, as the back did not want to slide completely back. On checking it seemed that three clear plastic prongs (which display the LED's) were catching on a metal part on the PCB. In my attempts to get it to fit, the metal part came off. I now realise that this is the switch to turn the device on and off, so my unit is now effectively useless.

I complained to Game Golf support that the video is misleading and should warn if there is a danger of damaging the switch. To their credit however, they immediately said they would ship me a whole new device. I have to say their support response is top notch.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just got a live version and I've got it all connected to phone it started to update round but went from 50% straight to 100% then said error no shots detected

Has anyone had this problem

Only thing I can think of is I forgot to start it up on first tee so it didn't vibrate till half way up the first so maybe the signal didn't connect properly. But it was vibrating after every tag during the round

D

Deleted member 16999

I've just got a live version and I've got it all connected to phone it started to update round but went from 50% straight to 100% then said error no shots detected

Has anyone had this problem

Only thing I can think of is I forgot to start it up on first tee so it didn't vibrate till half way up the first so maybe the signal didn't connect properly. But it was vibrating after every tag during the round
Only time I've used it is when I've connected before teeing off, have lost connection once or twice in about 50 rounds and all I did was switch off device and re-connect, never had the no shots thing happen. My phone is in the cradle when using live, were was yours?

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only time I've used it is when I've connected before teeing off, have lost connection once or twice in about 50 rounds and all I did was switch off device and re-connect, never had the no shots thing happen. My phone is in the cradle when using live, were was yours?

Sorry paul I mean uploading rounds after playing not looking at stats during round

I can't upload or edit yesterday's round

D

Deleted member 16999

Sorry paul I mean uploading rounds after playing not looking at stats during round

I can't upload or edit yesterday's round
It automatically uploads when you "end round" on your phone, if it's an error contact their customer services and they maybe able to recover the round.
Does the device say you've got no rounds to upload?

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It automatically uploads when you "end round" on your phone, if it's an error contact their customer services and they maybe able to recover the round.
Does the device say you've got no rounds to upload?

It says 1 round to upload then goes onto the loading round screen
Gets to 50% then jumps up to 100%
Then gives me error message

TheMetalMan0

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just spotted Pebble watches on Amazon for £34.99 each and taken a punt as I believe they have an App for the watch that will connect up to Game Golf. I assume it will work with this version of the watch as there's no mention of watch versions on the page. Good solution if you're like me and don't like carrying your phone in your pocket and having to keep getting it out to check distances.

Just be aware that the company has been bought out I believe and so there's limited/no support for the product. Amazon should give some guarantee though if anything goes wrong. I thought it was worth a punt for £35 :)

Last edited:

Paulsearle1405

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but I am looking at purchasing game golf live & not sure if you have to have a pc or Mac.

I don't own either so just need confirming before I purchase

D

Deleted member 16999

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but I am looking at purchasing game golf live & not sure if you have to have a pc or Mac.

I don't own either so just need confirming before I purchase
If your going to use it with an iphone then fine, no point buying it if you don't have laptop, PC, Mac or Iphone as you won't be able to access the data on the unit.

Paulsearle1405

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have anroid phone so will I be able to view stats on that. I know the original game golf required pc or Mac to setup & upload rounds but not sure about the live version

D

Deleted member 16999

I have anroid phone so will I be able to view stats on that. I know the original game golf required pc or Mac to setup & upload rounds but not sure about the live version
Live version talks directly to phone, so once your account is created your good to pair once you buy.
You can set up an account now, you don't need a unit for that, I don't think you can use live with phone in a comp, you may need to check that bit or use it with phone left in bag.

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Just spotted Pebble watches on Amazon for £34.99 each and taken a punt as I believe they have an App for the watch that will connect up to Game Golf. I assume it will work with this version of the watch as there's no mention of watch versions on the page. Good solution if you're like me and don't like carrying your phone in your pocket and having to keep getting it out to check distances.

Just be aware that the company has been bought out I believe and so there's limited/no support for the product. Amazon should give some guarantee though if anything goes wrong. I thought it was worth a punt for £35 :)

I got one for Christmas and been pleased with it overall, only managed to complete one round with the GG app though as it keeps freezing on my phone, suspect it's ready for an upgrade. You can also use swing x swing and golf pad on it although the later needs a subscription.

TheMetalMan0

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got one for Christmas and been pleased with it overall, only managed to complete one round with the GG app though as it keeps freezing on my phone, suspect it's ready for an upgrade. You can also use swing x swing and golf pad on it although the later needs a subscription.

Good to hear you like yours. Looking forward to getting mine today :)