Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Paul,
What is your shipping address? I would like to ship you the 2 tags.
Looking forward to assist you.

Francois Haughton

Customer Support Engineer

GAME GOLF

seems good customer service to me

gregc1

Visit site
Hi , I've just bought a Game Golf live and really looking forward to using it . I'm Gregc1 on the site .
Does the unit have to be in site of the "sky" or can it be covered by a jacket and on your belt ?- it's freezing today !

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi , I've just bought a Game Golf live and really looking forward to using it . I'm Gregc1 on the site .
Does the unit have to be in site of the "sky" or can it be covered by a jacket and on your belt ?- it's freezing today !

It's like your phone can be covered

tags fine under a coat aswell

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How do they calculate the strokes gained for approach?

EDITED to say I managed to find it on their site.

Last edited:

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Got my first round logged on Game Golf today. I was using the IOS app on my Apple Watch.

Tagging was relatively effortless with the only issue being the several layers of clothes I had on. I did forget a few times, tagging a shot form slightly different positions but was able to edit those mid round whilst I waited on a par 3 to clear.

Once I got home and was able to look at my first raft of data, I can now really see the benefit of this. Really good to see my distances and my my misses (lost a couple to the left today)

Distances are a bit mixed with just one round in the wind but I'm sure as I log more rounds my averages will start to stand out.

Distances were pretty much bang in what my GPS was and mobile data usage was pretty much zero.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got my first round logged on Game Golf today. I was using the IOS app on my Apple Watch.

Tagging was relatively effortless with the only issue being the several layers of clothes I had on. I did forget a few times, tagging a shot form slightly different positions but was able to edit those mid round whilst I waited on a par 3 to clear.

Once I got home and was able to look at my first raft of data, I can now really see the benefit of this. Really good to see my distances and my my misses (lost a couple to the left today)

Distances are a bit mixed with just one round in the wind but I'm sure as I log more rounds my averages will start to stand out.

Distances were pretty much bang in what my GPS was and mobile data usage was pretty much zero.

Hi Jungle,

Where did you keep your phone throughout this process (as this is the GPS for GG)?

If you kept it in your bag/trolley what did you do when it came to putting?

Regards

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Jungle,

Where did you keep your phone throughout this process (as this is the GPS for GG)?

If you kept it in your bag/trolley what did you do when it came to putting?

Regards

Kept my phone in my pocket. Needed to manually skip to one or two holes as the winter tee was slightly forward.

My putting stats won't be too accurate though as I would often just tag two putts together if I shaved the hole and then tapped in.

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Last edited:

Jay-Marie

Medal Winner
Visit site
So i have seen this thread a few times and have bitten the bullet and installed GG on my phone. Have previously been using Swing x Swing which i felt was pretty good but willing to give this one a try. Is there any way i can input previous rounds manually as really want to keep a track of my handicap even if it is unofficial?

Oh my username is JayBay for those wanting to add me. Although very much a newbie to this app so may take a while to figure it out as it seems more complicated or i am just getting old lol

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Guys,

There are a few active threads on typical distances elsewhere on the forum, including one about Game Golf stats.
Just wondered if anyone can explain the "off the tee" insights tab.

Can't fathom how to add an image here, but you will all be familiar with the pic.....where you a fairway representation and dots for each tee shot showing distance, on/off fairway etc.

I can't find any explanation about the calculations behind this. I have a figure below the fairway showing my longest drive as 266 yds, marked with a yellow star, fairways hit and misses L/R, but then another figure i thought was average distance ,225 yds, shown by a yellow circle with a dot inside. However, on the actual fairway diagram a line shows my typical drive as 220 yds. Can anyone clarify the difference between those last two measures (and I mean how they are calculated before any smart arse replies saying the difference is 5 yards :D)

Thanks in advance.

gregc1

Visit site
Does anyone have problems with the unit coming off their belt ? Mines fallen off twice any I was very lucky to find it last week as I didn't realise I'd lost it for a few minutes . I'm going to keep it in my pocket from now on

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Guys,

There are a few active threads on typical distances elsewhere on the forum, including one about Game Golf stats.
Just wondered if anyone can explain the "off the tee" insights tab.

Can't fathom how to add an image here, but you will all be familiar with the pic.....where you a fairway representation and dots for each tee shot showing distance, on/off fairway etc.

I can't find any explanation about the calculations behind this. I have a figure below the fairway showing my longest drive as 266 yds, marked with a yellow star, fairways hit and misses L/R, but then another figure i thought was average distance ,225 yds, shown by a yellow circle with a dot inside. However, on the actual fairway diagram a line shows my typical drive as 220 yds. Can anyone clarify the difference between those last two measures (and I mean how they are calculated before any smart arse replies saying the difference is 5 yards :D)

Thanks in advance.

I believe Mean, mode and median account for this.

So the mean mean is your actual average. Total distance hit with driver divided by total number of drives.

The typical will probabaly be a mixture of median and mode. Tacking out your highest and lowest outlighers and the the most common distance hit from there.

Thats the distance i use when calcualyed what club to hit.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with the unit coming off their belt ? Mines fallen off twice any I was very lucky to find it last week as I didn't realise I'd lost it for a few minutes . I'm going to keep it in my pocket from now on

Not really had problems with it falling off but my clip did break off and although I got a new one, I now keep the unit in my pocket. It works fine but it does move around so make sure your shots have been tagged.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Mine fell off once when I wasn't wearing a belt. Now with the belt it makes the trousers a bit more sturdy and rigid so it seems to stay on, had no issues since