Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Continues to be a great help for me, having also swapped clubs recently. Also great to look back on rounds.

Good to hear customer service is still good. Have read elsewhere (Sandtrap.com) that enhancements are slowing and many are questioning the long term business model viability (without any annual subscription fee). I do wonder about this as sales of devices will taper off leaving much lower income and so one would expect investment to also fall away (unless, as many speculate, all our data will be sold off to third parties, quite for what purpose I am unsure!).

foiled

Hacker
Visit site
Got this today via eBay for £140
Looking forward to using it on Friday at Radyr golf course

My user I'd us Foiled if anyone wants to add, just started playing 8 weeks ago, so no laughing at my stats. Hope to use this to track my progress over the next 12 months

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
I've downloaded the app on my Apple Watch. Will give it a go on Saturday, hopefully the tagging will be relatively seemless on the watch.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've downloaded the app on my Apple Watch. Will give it a go on Saturday, hopefully the tagging will be relatively seemless on the watch.

Would be great if you could post an update on this as I am most interested in how this works. I think it would be fine for me putting my phone in my trolley/bag (for general play) but its obviously going to be a problem when putting/chipping unless I keep the phone in my pocket. It being an iPhone plus size that's not exactly easy :)

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Recently just got Game Golf Live at Christmas, username is manukillie for anyone wanting to give me an add!

Over the winter period we are lift and place off the fairway to ensure they are in best condition for season starting, hence the 0% fairways hit.

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Recently just got Game Golf Live at Christmas, username is manukillie for anyone wanting to give me an add!

Over the winter period we are lift and place off the fairway to ensure they are in best condition for season starting, hence the 0% fairways hit.

You can edit that out. Sometimes there will be a Gps glitch where game golf puts me off a fairway that I've actually hit, so I alter it post round on the PC.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Mine is the same, I either just tag it when i pick the ball up or ill edit it at the end of the round to move the shot back into the fairway. Only issue is the distance can be a little difference, but not by much at all and that doesn't bother me too much.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only really started to look at the insights tab the other week

only annoying thing about that is it says I loose most shots 25 yards and in.. I looked at it , its because I dont edit where the pin is it sometimes says ive missed my target even when I hit it

but on the flip side there prob times it thinks ive made it and Ive missed

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I only really started to look at the insights tab the other week

only annoying thing about that is it says I loose most shots 25 yards and in.. I looked at it , its because I dont edit where the pin is it sometimes says ive missed my target even when I hit it

but on the flip side there prob times it thinks ive made it and Ive missed

How do you go about editing where the pin is when you're playing?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I just remember where abouts the pin was and edit it after. And then Ill drag my putts to around the same distance as i played from. Gives me at least a half accurate figure of how many putts and how far I am sinking them from. The putting is one of the weaker areas i would say as they have no idea where the flag is. I just try to be as accurate as possible when editing.

D

Deleted member 16999

Some people use a spare tag and tag the hole, then in editing move the pin over that tag then delete the tag, pin now in correct position.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am having trouble ordering extra tags (I could just nick two out of the set I bought for someone that he still hasnt picked up lol) but seriously. the set I got came without a gap wedge tag (ideally would like one) and I broke the putter tag (trying to cut it off and super glue to something was a stupid idea lol)

anyways.

on gamegolf website they finally let you order to the UK for extra tags

weirdly online its £4.80 a tag, on my phone was £4 a tag (odd) however if I try and order on my laptop it wont let me select delivery (says please choose one) and no drop down options appear

if I do it on my phone I can select 3-5 days and then when I put in all my details it wont let me get to the final stage because its greyed out delivery again

any one managed to order replacement tags?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am having trouble ordering extra tags (I could just nick two out of the set I bought for someone that he still hasnt picked up lol) but seriously. the set I got came without a gap wedge tag (ideally would like one) and I broke the putter tag (trying to cut it off and super glue to something was a stupid idea lol)

anyways.

on gamegolf website they finally let you order to the UK for extra tags

weirdly online its £4.80 a tag, on my phone was £4 a tag (odd) however if I try and order on my laptop it wont let me select delivery (says please choose one) and no drop down options appear

if I do it on my phone I can select 3-5 days and then when I put in all my details it wont let me get to the final stage because its greyed out delivery again

any one managed to order replacement tags?

You have done well even finding how to buy new tags! I cant even find the page.

I wonder if it down to the browser? May be try a different one and see if it works.

I would also email them as they may just send you 2 new ones.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have done well even finding how to buy new tags! I cant even find the page.

I wonder if it down to the browser? May be try a different one and see if it works.

I would also email them as they may just send you 2 new ones.

ive emailed and tweeted them fingers crossed

I tried it on safari (which is obviously on both my iphone and my mac) so I tried on google chrome (my back up) and same results

its hard to find! before it only used to let you in the US now it has links to all different stores.. UK store is one I clicked then I just get stuck

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ive emailed and tweeted them fingers crossed

I tried it on safari (which is obviously on both my iphone and my mac) so I tried on google chrome (my back up) and same results

its hard to find! before it only used to let you in the US now it has links to all different stores.. UK store is one I clicked then I just get stuck

I finally managed to find it. Found it through the Get support pages which is a bit strange!

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some people use a spare tag and tag the hole, then in editing move the pin over that tag then delete the tag, pin now in correct position.

Quite a good idea that, however if keeping track of your score on the app in bounce games may be slightly confusing!

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
I just remember where abouts the pin was and edit it after. And then Ill drag my putts to around the same distance as i played from. Gives me at least a half accurate figure of how many putts and how far I am sinking them from. The putting is one of the weaker areas i would say as they have no idea where the flag is. I just try to be as accurate as possible when editing.

According to Game Golf putting distance is irrelavant to the stats, they just measure numbers of putts (on the green). Presumably moving the flag only affects the approach and short game numbers so I move the flag but not the putts.

http://support.gamegolf.com/custome...1392688-does-game-golf-measure-putt-distance-