Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My Pro was having a sale, so I made a purchase.. Call it an early Christmas pressie to me! :D
All set up I think.. username - lwatsonjones

Going it a full charge tonight, and hoping the weather is good tomorrow, as I hope to take my 1st outing..

NO LAUGHING! :D

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Ah OK, I started at Padbrook with a course of lessons there. Closed now I believe.
Was a member at Tiverton for a while but played several courses in that area, including Honiton once I think.

Hope you enjoy GG, I use it and thinks it a great tool.

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ah OK, I started at Padbrook with a course of lessons there. Closed now I believe.
Was a member at Tiverton for a while but played several courses in that area, including Honiton once I think.

Hope you enjoy GG, I use it and thinks it a great tool.
Padbrook closes march 2017, but i think most members have now found a new home.

I love Honiton, very old course (dates pre 1900!) and very well kept!

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just started looking into this for my daughter, would be interesting to see how she improves as she grows and how far she is hitting her clubs. Is it viable to just use the iphone app only or is it really only useful with the hardware?

D

Deleted member 16999

Just started looking into this for my daughter, would be interesting to see how she improves as she grows and how far she is hitting her clubs. Is it viable to just use the iphone app only or is it really only useful with the hardware?
More than viable to start with the app only, hardware is so much easier though as you make tagging part of your preshot routine and no messing on with phone every shot, try the app and see how she gets on.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
More than viable to start with the app only, hardware is so much easier though as you make tagging part of your preshot routine and no messing on with phone every shot, try the app and see how she gets on.

Thanks will try the app before getting hardware. My wife usually "caddies" for her so hopefully she can tag the shots while my daughter plays so it shouldn't slow things up too much.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
How is everyone getting on with these, interested as i'm tempted to buy!

I got one for Christmas, used it 4 times and really like it. I actually bought a new set of irons yesterday so interested to see the difference between them on the course (if any). 4 rounds probably not enough to get a good comparison though.

But it is a good gadget. I do forget to tag shots here and there but very easy to modify afterwards.

It's also useful for sharing your rounds with people, played my dads old course the other day and was able to share a link to my card which shows all my shots etc.

Matthew Coffey is the name if anyone wants to follow!

BomberSRL

Head Pro
Visit site
I got one for Christmas, used it 4 times and really like it. I actually bought a new set of irons yesterday so interested to see the difference between them on the course (if any). 4 rounds probably not enough to get a good comparison though.

But it is a good gadget. I do forget to tag shots here and there but very easy to modify afterwards.

It's also useful for sharing your rounds with people, played my dads old course the other day and was able to share a link to my card which shows all my shots etc.

Matthew Coffey is the name if anyone wants to follow!
Thanks for that, I will try and pick one up on the cheap and get involved!

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sent mail myself, clip feel of mine a few rounds ago.

Took it as one of those things, great service if I get a new one.

I've broken two belt clips (my own fault) so far and two tags have come apart. I was quite happy to pay for the clips but all were replaced free of charge. Customer Service does seem to be over and above. Makes a refreshing change.