Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

kerber0s1983

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't have a Live, but I still have the app on my phone and it gives me yardages and so on. I wouldn't bother paying the extra. Not sure what the added benefit is. Bare in mind you can't use the phone bit in tournament play anyway.

I guess the main benefit (for some folks) is that as you play the round everything is live and you can sign the round straight away and not go back and upload via a computer.

I see they have just released a feature for Live devices, where if your playing in a friendly match, you can choose a format between you (if there are multiple users of a Live on course at the same time) and it will give a live leaderboard for the round (e.g Matchplay)

http://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsn...-in-app-live-leaderboard-game-tracking-69906/

That being said i have a Live and only use it Live if i'm playing more than 1 round a day, so i can see the stats before the 2nd round to get a view on how i'm doing/strategy for the next round

I only got the live as i had the classic and they offered a really good upgrade deal when it came out, so managed to move my classic on for more than the upgrade fee.

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
I guess the main benefit (for some folks) is that as you play the round everything is live and you can sign the round straight away and not go back and upload via a computer.
True although there's still the issue of pin positions. I tag an extra putt at the hole so I can move the flag on the computer. I'd hate to have to fiddle with that on a small screen.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'm trying to edit my bag but when I try and add Woods and Hybrids it only lets me select 3 wood (need 5 wood) and 3 hybrid (need 4 and 5).
What's the crack?
Not sure mate? I've got both 3 & 5 Wood plus 2, 3 & 4 Hybrid. So it will do it,

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good morning all,

I have had a quick scrub of the last 20 pages or so and cant find the information but I apologize if I missed it.

I have been very interested in picking up a game golf classic model 2nd hand as it seems to be a good affordable way of shot tracking.

However something I did not realise until researching is that they have an apple Watch application that is completely free & when paired with the game golf (also free) iOS app gets you the full stats tracking inc strokes gained etc.

So

• Does anybody have any experience in using this combo and how do you get on with it ?
  • Assuming its just a simple select club on watch app walk to next shot rinse repeat etc?
  • What is the drainage on the battery for both phone and watch?
  • Interested in how far away from your phone (left in bag) you can go before the tagging/yardage measurements does not work (as Apple Watch has no GPS in it). --
    Maybe this is more a general apple watch to phone question and nothing the app can do about it --

It could be a free better alternative seeing as I have already have an iPhone and apple watch. I will naturally be trying this but wont be a few weeks till i get to the course now so just gathering information.

Any info is grateful!

Cheers K4E

Gentabout

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just wanted to pass on my experience with Gamegolf customer service.

A couple of weeks ago I stupidly left my device on my belt as I got into the car and caught it on the door frame knocking it of my waist. I picked it up and stuck it on the passenger seat without much thought until I got home and started to take of my trousers, just as I undone my belt there was a clatter as something fell on the floor, yep one broken belt clip. I picked up the pieces and retrieved the main device from the car but it had broken one of the clips and the spring was no where to be found. Bugger!

I decided to send them an email to find out if it was possible to buy a replacement clip and was pleasantly surprised to receive an email back offering to send out a replacement back and clip FOC. The parcel arrived yesterday and included the special torx screwdriver to remove the security screws. 2 Minutes later and the job is done.

Thank you Gamegolf for your excellent customer service.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have Game Golf classic and has been unused for over a year so will be looking to sell on for sale section but just wondering is it easy to wipe clean rounds and reset device to as new? Not sure anyone would want to buy with my 4 scabby rounds in it?

D

Deleted member 16999

I have Game Golf classic and has been unused for over a year so will be looking to sell on for sale section but just wondering is it easy to wipe clean rounds and reset device to as new? Not sure anyone would want to buy with my 4 scabby rounds in it?
Dead Easy mate, log in and then there is a Erase/reset button on the menu, plus a quick guide how to do it on the GG support page

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
My clip broke and they sent me a new one very kindly. Unfortunately though when replacing the clip the whole power button assembly has broken away from the circuit board. :( They said they'll replace but want proof of purchase. I bloody hope eBay receipt will do the job... Not holding out too much hope!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I am impressed. They didn't bat an eyelid at the ebay receipt. New device in the post and all I need to do is return the old one when its arrived. Smashing service.

Excellent indeed! I had a similar problem with the same outcome, I do think the clip is the weak point of the device.