Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Thats what I do, I want accurate data, the only thing that let's gg down is the putting side of it in how accurate it isn't. I take an extra card out with me and I pace out the length of putt I have and record it then edit later. If I sink a long putt I will tap the hole position to mark the hole and delete later.

I am an advocate of Game Golf, but a word of caution on your desire for accuracy. I read elsewhere that any public GPS system is only accurate to within a few yards at best, so suspect you shouldn't rely too much on putting distances, especially those close to the hole.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
you dont need your phone full stop once you have started the round

you pair and start the round then throw your phone in your bag and forget about it

the device acts like a normal game golf and keeps the shots on the system and if it cant connect to the phone it stores the shots up and uploads them to the phone when they next talk over bluetooth

I have an iphone which are known for poor batteries and I can start a round with 95% and finish with 80%

Thanks!

So what about if I forget my phone and can’t do the start round thing? Can I just turn it on, tag, and upload later?

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks. Do I still use the phone to upload, or do I have to use the software on the computer?
Either way works. I personally upload via my MacBook when I get home. I almost never use the phone at all unless I want to use the Apple Watch app for distance to green info, but I usually use a different app (FunGolf GPS) as it's easier on the watch battery.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Either way works. I personally upload via my MacBook when I get home. I almost never use the phone at all unless I want to use the Apple Watch app for distance to green info, but I usually use a different app (FunGolf GPS) as it's easier on the watch battery.

Cheers!

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just bought a Cobra King F7 driver and due to the in-built connect tag I can not attach the Game Golf one. So I was thinking of putting the Game Golf into a wine cork and trying to the bag, Anyone come up with a better solution?

D

Deleted member 16999

I've just bought a Cobra King F7 driver and due to the in-built connect tag I can not attach the Game Golf one. So I was thinking of putting the Game Golf into a wine cork and trying to the bag, Anyone come up with a better solution?
My putter can’t take a tag, I keep the putter tag in my back pocket and tag when required, no issues so far.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Damn........second time my belt clip broke, this time getting into the car. Same breakage, at the lugs on the back of the device that hold the bar/spring clip. Whilst GG replaced it hassle free last time I have lost confidence now and am thinking about alternatives (all very pricey) or trying to put the device in some form of pouch for coins or pagers that fits to a belt.

Guess i should remove it as soon as I finish the round but as I have heard of people losing them mid round I rigged up some fishing elastic around it and my belt to stop it falling off, that made it a faff to remove, along the lines of what was suggested in thread on here ages ago.

Shame really as I love the device, but wish it was more robust.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Damn........second time my belt clip broke, this time getting into the car. Same breakage, at the lugs on the back of the device that hold the bar/spring clip. Whilst GG replaced it hassle free last time I have lost confidence now and am thinking about alternatives (all very pricey) or trying to put the device in some form of pouch for coins or pagers that fits to a belt.

Guess i should remove it as soon as I finish the round but as I have heard of people losing them mid round I rigged up some fishing elastic around it and my belt to stop it falling off, that made it a faff to remove, along the lines of what was suggested in thread on here ages ago.

there is one that does require tagging called Arccos 360.. tags in the end and you dont need to tag (dunno how it works) but then you loose the game golf side of it.. have to use their software.. unless u tagged the round and then manually entered it into game golf via the app afters to keep your stats going

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve got strong string on mine, loop it through a belt loop then clip on, never had it fall off.

52212ED9-6452-4D96-841A-B64BA46DD6A4.jpg

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Yes mate, every shot, even the bad ones :rofl:

I’ve got to go and find ‘that’ drive, the longest one of the day which went the least overall distance, it was mighty impressive 👍🏌️😜

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve got to go and find ‘that’ drive, the longest one of the day which went the least overall distance, it was mighty impressive 👍🏌️😜
Which hole? 14th? The one you drove oob over the dog walkers head? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
there is one that does require tagging called Arccos 360.. tags in the end and you dont need to tag (dunno how it works) but then you loose the game golf side of it.. have to use their software.. unless u tagged the round and then manually entered it into game golf via the app afters to keep your stats going

Yea, looked into that but think it retails at £250, so a high price to pay for not tagging (when tagging is now part of my pre shot routine) and having to start over with data and software.

"I’ve got strong string on mine, loop it through a belt loop then clip on, never had it fall off."

Yes, thats exactly what I do albeit with elastic rather than string, but as the clip has now detached it won't be enough to retain it on a belt.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whilst GG replaced it hassle free last time I have lost confidence now and am thinking about alternatives (all very pricey) or trying to put the device in some form of pouch for coins or pagers that fits to a belt.
Or.. just put it in your pocket :) Tagging works fine through clothes and the device is small enough not to be a nuisance.

The original design with the belt clip was for the North American market where wearing their mobile phones in a holster on the belt was very common. ;) Plus they wanted everyone to notice how you do it and see the device.