Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve got one of these on the way for Christmas, GG Live was £99 for cyber Monday on amazon, which with extra discount from work I got down to £81.

I ideally wanted Arccos or Shotscope but can’t argue with this for £81. I’ll just make the tap part of my pre shot routine!

I understand that the only way to set pin location on Game Golf is to manually move the pin in the app or edit after the round. What I was thinking of doing was an extra tag of the putter where the hole is and deleting after the round (rather than faff with the phone on the green), then moving the pin in the editor.

That seem a good idea?

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve got one of these on the way for Christmas, GG Live was £99 for cyber Monday on amazon, which with extra discount from work I got down to £81.

I ideally wanted Arccos or Shotscope but can’t argue with this for £81. I’ll just make the tap part of my pre shot routine!

I understand that the only way to set pin location on Game Golf is to manually move the pin in the app or edit after the round. What I was thinking of doing was an extra tag of the putter where the hole is and deleting after the round (rather than faff with the phone on the green), then moving the pin in the editor.

That seem a good idea?
You get 18 tags, so 4 spare, some do what you’re suggesting, some don’t bother and some try and remember, it all depends how accurate you want to try and make your putting distance stat.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That seem a good idea?

Thats what I do, I want accurate data, the only thing that let's gg down is the putting side of it in how accurate it isn't. I take an extra card out with me and I pace out the length of putt I have and record it then edit later. If I sink a long putt I will tap the hole position to mark the hole and delete later.

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
I always tag at the hole once putted out and when editing move the flag over the "last" putt and then delete it. Doesn't take long to do at all.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am sure someone mentioned before sticking the tag in a wine cork, makes it a bit more substantial.

Sound idea, now we need to attach it some how to the belt that can be pulled out, tag then retract back so it won't get in the way.

Go visit China, manufacture, Dragons Den for £100,000 for 5% for Cork Retractor and get Peter Jones on board and millionaires in 6 months......

You In or Out? 😂

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You get 18 tags, so 4 spare, some do what you’re suggesting, some don’t bother and some try and remember, it all depends how accurate you want to try and make your putting distance stat.

Thats what I do, I want accurate data, the only thing that let's gg down is the putting side of it in how accurate it isn't. I take an extra card out with me and I pace out the length of putt I have and record it then edit later. If I sink a long putt I will tap the hole position to mark the hole and delete later.

Thanks, putting is a big unknown area for me, I know how many putts a round I take, but I would be interested in analysing how many putts I miss in given ranges. 0-10ft, 10ft-20ft etc. I think I'll go with an extra putter tag, move the pin, then delete the putt.

I've also heard of people having a 'recovery' tag so it doesn't mess their yardages up. For instance, when you're knocking a shot out from trees with your 7 iron, use your 'recovery' tag instead.

My other question is how does it deal with shots around the green, and wedge yardages? Does it know you're near the green and not count how far you've hit the wedge, or will my wedge yardages be really short because it includes chipping?

D

Deleted member 16999

Thanks, putting is a big unknown area for me, I know how many putts a round I take, but I would be interested in analysing how many putts I miss in given ranges. 0-10ft, 10ft-20ft etc. I think I'll go with an extra putter tag, move the pin, then delete the putt.

I've also heard of people having a 'recovery' tag so it doesn't mess their yardages up. For instance, when you're knocking a shot out from trees with your 7 iron, use your 'recovery' tag instead.

My other question is how does it deal with shots around the green, and wedge yardages? Does it know you're near the green and not count how far you've hit the wedge, or will my wedge yardages be really short because it includes chipping?

It’s on there q&a page, short shots are weeded out by some clever algorythms or something.

I don’t think it can give you putting distances as such, but obviously you can see them yourself round for round

D

Deleted member 16999

Another shout out to Game Golf’s customer service, for some weird reason when uploading my rounds after playing the odd round has had a date in the future.
Don’t think I have the ability to time travel :)
Contacted GG to ask why, and they have sent me a brand new replacement despite mine being over 2 years old.
Screenshot below

7BD2C6ED-0C14-4D56-BE06-9B82773982AF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The belt device is far more easier then the phone, or it was when I got the Classic. It may of improved but I'm not sure so I can't say.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So I’m about to go and play my first round with GG Live tomorrow.

I’ve paired it already and it hooks up fine, currently charging.

My question is, do I actually need to use my phone and app during the round (now that it’s paired)?

The instructional video says to pair it, and click start round before your first round, but then says you don’t need your phone.

So do I need to pair it, and click start round before every round, or now that I’ve set it up, can I turn up, play, and upload the round when I get home? Without having to touch my phone at the course?

Won’t be a problem tomorrow but I’m thinking more of a low phone battery/competitive round situation.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I’m about to go and play my first round with GG Live tomorrow.

I’ve paired it already and it hooks up fine, currently charging.

My question is, do I actually need to use my phone and app during the round (now that it’s paired)?

The instructional video says to pair it, and click start round before your first round, but then says you don’t need your phone.

So do I need to pair it, and click start round before every round, or now that I’ve set it up, can I turn up, play, and upload the round when I get home? Without having to touch my phone at the course?

Won’t be a problem tomorrow but I’m thinking more of a low phone battery/competitive round situation.

you dont need your phone full stop once you have started the round

you pair and start the round then throw your phone in your bag and forget about it

the device acts like a normal game golf and keeps the shots on the system and if it cant connect to the phone it stores the shots up and uploads them to the phone when they next talk over bluetooth

I have an iphone which are known for poor batteries and I can start a round with 95% and finish with 80%