Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah, it is a real eye opener. It's the inconsistency of distance as well. One drive can go 260, and the next is 230!

Yeah, it really makes you see just how far you hit in windy conditions, uphill and downhill shots. i always look at my data after my round and i can look to see how far i hit x club into the wind on a certain par 3 etc.... really helps when faced win the same situation.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, it really makes you see just how far you hit in windy conditions, uphill and downhill shots. i always look at my data after my round and i can look to see how far i hit x club into the wind on a certain par 3 etc.... really helps when faced win the same situation.

Really noticed this today, hit two real long drives (for me) and also had some that were so short. I have also noticed how some holes are always short

Scazza

Head Pro
Visit site
Nice to see that a lot of you have got on board with this product. I sold mine a couple months back due to not using it a great deal, but now I see that a lot of people on here are using it it's something I may repurchase in the near future. Great bit of kit.

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Sorry - been head down at work recently.

Well done to John F who takes the honours for the Feb Putts / hole challenge with a great round of +1 and only 1.5 putts per hole average.

This month I gone all ornithological - birdies are the order of the day, and lots of them as all rounds count!

Best of luck all,

Simon

PS - to all those who've joined recently I think I've spotted you all and should have sent you an invite - if not, please follow me on GG and I'll receipricate and add you onto the challenge.

Simon (Barnard)

D

Deleted member 18121

Uploaded mine yesterday - had my first real issue with the software. It didn't recognise the 9th hole so I had to enter it in manually, which really wasn't easy and it still doesn't look right on my round overview.

Played really well for the first 7 holes and then decided to throw in a load of doubles and four 3 putts to finish with a very disappointing 91.

Oh and it messed up my longest drive.....the GPS must have been put off by sunshine and clear skies as it measured the shot at 293yards, but it was just under 260 in reality.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Uploaded mine yesterday - had my first real issue with the software. It didn't recognise the 9th hole so I had to enter it in manually, which really wasn't easy and it still doesn't look right on my round overview.

Played really well for the first 7 holes and then decided to throw in a load of doubles and four 3 putts to finish with a very disappointing 91.

Oh and it messed up my longest drive.....the GPS must have been put off by sunshine and clear skies as it measured the shot at 293yards, but it was just under 260 in reality.

message them,they will work with you to correct it all, i had issues mapping my course for about 3 weeks but their service was excellent.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've watched the video and looked at some reports from links on here and I'm close on pulling the trigger on 1 of these, the stats it gives on each of your clubs looks very good and interesting but, I can't find anywhere how it knows what course your on, do you have to download it somehow each course your play or do you only use it at your home course or do you wirelessly find the course once their like a GPS.

Can someone give me a quick once over on the operation of it please and more importantly, is it still as useful to you now to when you first bought it or has the novelty worn of, as can happen with a lot of golfing gadgets.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 16999

It's preloaded with every course or they'll add if yours isn't listed, you can search on the website.
Coming up to 12 months use and still if not more useful,
Really good for monitoring improvement.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've watched the video and looked at some reports from links on here and I'm close on pulling the trigger on 1 of these, the stats it gives on each of your clubs looks very good and interesting but, I can't find anywhere how it knows what course your on, do you have to download it somehow each course your play or do you only use it at your home course or do you wirelessly find the course once their like a GPS.

Can someone give me a quick once over on the operation of it please and more importantly, is it still as useful to you now to when you first bought it or has the novelty worn of, as can happen with a lot of golfing gadgets.

Cheers.

It's GPS. Turn it on 10 minutes before teeing off, and the system will pick up where you are after a few minutes. Then it is just a case of tagging your club and away you go.

Martin70

Head Pro
Visit site
Mine should arrive today. I think I will go out for a round on my own this weekend to get used to using it.

How loud is the beep when tagging or can it be turned off?

D

Deleted member 16999

Mine should arrive today. I think I will go out for a round on my own this weekend to get used to using it.

How loud is the beep when tagging or can it be turned off?

Virtually silent, it vibrates when tagged and is more of an indicator, you'll soon get use to it as part of a pre/post shot routine.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl

Cheers.

Interested in the novelty factor diminishing. Users! Please advise!

DaveL

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've had mine a couple of months, and it's the first thing I pick up so its not wearing off for me :)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yup, agree. I'll hook it up and make sure it is functioning before use. It's one of those that the more you use it, the more useful it becomes

D

Deleted member 16999

If anyone is interested or just curious you can download Game Golf to your PC/Mac and have an account, you don't need a device to join.
You can then "follow" any one on here and see there stats etc and see what it does,
Then any questions you have from that could be answered.