Fun competitions

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
No argument at all if its 200yards up in the trees of course that's your worst shot as the penalty drop is worse than playing from further back in the fairway. Or if no drop you have to hack it out sideways.

Quite easy to distinguish which is the worse of 2 shots. No argument either way at all.

Is worse shot defined by how bad the shot was regardless of any other factors, or how difficult the next shot is?

i.e. I could hit a booming 300 yard drive with a lovely draw down the middle of the fairway, but end up in a fairway bunker with a dodgy stance, and I could sky a driver 180. Just based on the shot, the second one is the worse shot, but could actually give me an easier second shot

Wolf

Visit site
Is worse shot defined by how bad the shot was regardless of any other factors, or how difficult the next shot is?

i.e. I could hit a booming 300 yard drive with a lovely draw down the middle of the fairway, but end up in a fairway bunker with a dodgy stance, and I could sky a driver 180. Just based on the shot, the second one is the worse shot, but could actually give me an easier second shot
It's what gives you the harder shot to the green, so in your instance though the 2nd shot wasn't hit as well it makes the next easier so that one cannot be used.

Obviously it's easier when you have say one in the fairway and the other in the fodder m, you have to play the one in trouble.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
It's what gives you the harder shot to the green, so in your instance though the 2nd shot wasn't hit as well it makes the next easier so that one cannot be used.

Obviously it's easier when you have say one in the fairway and the other in the fodder m, you have to play the one in trouble.

got you, that sounds like both fun and absolutely terrible at the same time

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No argument at all if its 200yards up in the trees of course that's your worst shot as the penalty drop is worse than playing from further back in the fairway. Or if no drop you have to hack it out sideways.

Quite easy to distinguish which is the worse of 2 shots. No argument either way at all.
That was just an example off the top of my head. But it's a lot simpler to decide what the best shot is, than to choose what is objectively the worst one. The pair you're playing with might disagree with your reasoning from time to time! Just requires a good bit of honesty from all players though I suppose. :)

Wolf

Visit site
That was just an example off the top of my head. But it's a lot simpler to decide what the best shot is, than to choose what is objectively the worst one. The pair you're playing with might disagree with your reasoning from time to time! Just requires a good bit of honesty from all players though I suppose. :)
You've answered your own question though by stating that it's easy to see what the best shot is, in that case you simply take the other one. You'd be in a four all anyways so quite easy to quickly say which is the worst.

Give it a go it's a good laugh

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You've answered your own question though by stating that it's easy to see what the best shot is, in that case you simply take the other one. You'd be in a four all anyways so quite easy to quickly say which is the worst.

Give it a go it's a good laugh
I just meant it's at liberty to being exploited by fibbers that's all!