From mid handicap to scratch.

Siolag

Visit site
im mainly talking about stretching... some guys are naturally flexible.. dont matter if they are 17 stone... but guys like me need to stretch out. You can fire 1000 range balls with a bent lead arm and you will never improve or you could do a combo of stretching excercises and range work to build a straight lead arm swing.....

I very much lack flexibility, and I know I need to work on it. I will be doing so, but in addition to golfing more. My Pro advised a 20 minute yoga workout called Yoga with Erica. I used to go to Yoga once a week, but I definitely think its a case of little and often, so will be trying to do it 2-3 days a week at first and build up.

Visit site
I very much lack flexibility, and I know I need to work on it. I will be doing so, but in addition to golfing more. My Pro advised a 20 minute yoga workout called Yoga with Erica. I used to go to Yoga once a week, but I definitely think its a case of little and often, so will be trying to do it 2-3 days a week at first and build up.

Pictures of aforesaid Erica would help us to more fully advise on the benefits of your regime

D

Deleted Member 1156

im mainly talking about stretching... some guys are naturally flexible.. dont matter if they are 17 stone... but guys like me need to stretch out. You can fire 1000 range balls with a bent lead arm and you will never improve or you could do a combo of stretching excercises and range work to build a straight lead arm swing.....
Why do you think you need a straight lead arm? What you need is consistency through the impact area. Doesn't matter too much what the path is as long as it's consistent. When you get that you can them work out where to hit the ball to allow for your shot shape.

darriusdax

Visit site
I admire your desire however, if that's the lowest you've shot scratch may be a long way away.
agreed but the starting point was 3 rounds to qualify for a handicap... +15+16 and +24.... giving me a handicap of 14 because they dont want me winning all the comps this summer lol..... so after 3 weeks hard work to knock out a plus 11 gives me hope that im on the right track.... i havent started coaching yet, and my clubs are ***,,, so to be doing this so soon is great to me.

darriusdax

Visit site
I used to practice yoga religiously... at that time i was away from golf... didnt play at all, became a builder and am as flexible as a wooden post now.... it takes incredible discipline to do an hour or 90mins workout even though you know it will make you feel brilliant... classes are best because you are kind of forced in to it...

13Aces

Club Champion
Visit site
A good book for you to read --- Dream On: One Hacker's Challenge to Break Par in a Year. Author John Richardson
Good luck in your quest.

darriusdax

Visit site
A good book for you to read --- Dream On: One Hacker's Challenge to Break Par in a Year. Author John Richardson
Good luck in your quest.
thankyou sir, yes my quest is definitely not scratch in a year... i understand this is not possible... maybe in three with real dedication... i will order it on amazon, my first instinct was that you were referring me to something negative... but it looks awesome .. thanks.

darriusdax

Visit site
Update... played in a comp. played well but scored terribly. +16. Short game was all over the place. Shots lost. Putting 2 Irons 2 Driver 2 Chip/Pitch 10

I have been working really hard on my irons getting a radical change in results, but watched a training video on pitching/chipping which has messed up my short game.... the dangers of self teaching from you-tube. You tube has helped me massively improve my iron play, so i will use it to correct my wedge play also - i do have a lesson coming up but the pro could only manage 10th august... booked up 3 weeks in advance so he must be good !!!!!!

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
Long game - find a consistent shot/know your miss
you can recover from the odd bogey but higher numbers hurt.

Short game - needs to be sharp especially round the greens, up and downs are a must most of the time.

How you achieve this is personal preference, playing or practicing but either way you have to be able to score when you have a card in hand.

Good luck

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You are right. That has become clear to me. A level par round would be an amazing achievement in and of itself. I already know that whoever said that after 3 yrs playing golf you are at your peak..... spoke bullshit.

Its actually true for me sadly! Was as good as Im going to get at 16 having started at 13. Had another 30 years ish on and off since and a lot of the last 10 been spent bemoaning if only I could play like 16 year old me did :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used to practice yoga religiously... at that time i was away from golf... didnt play at all, became a builder and am as flexible as a wooden post now.... it takes incredible discipline to do an hour or 90mins workout even though you know it will make you feel brilliant... classes are best because you are kind of forced in to it...

you might find some basic pilates better for golf flexibility than yoga, allows you to focus a bit more on areas that will help core strength and shoulder turn

darriusdax

Visit site
you might find some basic pilates better for golf flexibility than yoga, allows you to focus a bit more on areas that will help core strength and shoulder turn
Cheers... havent had motivation for full on yoga but have been stretching ... makes a difference

darriusdax

Visit site
Update, disastrous august medal... plus 24 blow up. Next day I went out to get it out of my head.. had a few bad holes on the front nine then did the back nine in one over... repeated this the next day... so now i just have to conquer the front nine lol... In truth the back nine at my course is easier, but encouragingly my good scoring was from scrambling and good putting which can easily be applied to the front nine.... 2hr game assessment today with Pete Arnott up at Swanston academy.... the key will be to listen hard and practice what he tells me.

13Aces

Club Champion
Visit site
Keep going mate - it will all fall into place. I have always found that playing golf absolutely alone is a great way to see what you can really do when free from the distraction of others, rushing, marking a card (the hardest thing).
A great bit of advice I was given once was to "always hit the shot you are going to enjoy" - in other words forget the wonder/greedy shot.
and also if you are going to drop a shot then "drop one not two"!!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Update, disastrous august medal... plus 24 blow up. Next day I went out to get it out of my head.. had a few bad holes on the front nine then did the back nine in one over... repeated this the next day... so now i just have to conquer the front nine lol... In truth the back nine at my course is easier, but encouragingly my good scoring was from scrambling and good putting which can easily be applied to the front nine.... 2hr game assessment today with Pete Arnott up at Swanston academy.... the key will be to listen hard and practice what he tells me.
Does Merchants still start with three tough par threes , long time since I played it but a mate used to be amember there.
Good luck with your quest.

darriusdax

Visit site
Yes!! 250 yards 1st... 260 yard second over a deep valley... although this is now a par 4... 180 yard tight 3rd... then 2 tough par 4 and an easy par 4