Forum meets 2021

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Stevie.... Yes i see Silver at least once a year as he's Captain of the Horsforth Tigers Team & gonna be even more involved this next year as Competitions Sec. He's down to 6.5 HI so has stopped taking divots with his driver.. hahaha. As keen as ever.
We'll have to fix up a get together game if you're still getting up this way to family. All the best.
would love to have a knock Dave. Unfortunately due to covid have no idea when i will be back up north. Not been up since december 2019.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'd be up for a decent meet somewhere.
Preferably the "Summer" months with the sun on my back.
I've never played in Ireland before.
Always fancied it, just never got around to it.
County Kerry in June/July anyone????
;););)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd be up for a decent meet somewhere.
Preferably the "Summer" months with the sun on my back.
I've never played in Ireland before.
Always fancied it, just never got around to it.
County Kerry in June/July anyone????
;););)

you do realize that if you make a suggestion you are legally bound to arrange the meet!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
you do realize that if you make a suggestion you are legally bound to arrange the meet!

I'm done with organising (apart from Cooden).
;););)

How about a two/three night break to St Mellion???
Always enjoyed playing the Nicklaus and they are pretty good at doing deals.
I'd be up for that.
And there are some other nice courses locally if anyone fancies a break from "The Beast".
:D:D:D

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'm sure I played in the last of the matches against HDID. Someone arranged to play at The Worcestershire at Malvern. Unfortunately, that meant that not many wanted to travel there. We ended up as a fourball, betterball for the trophy. Not sure what year though.

If we could do that again, ill have about a 5 minute drive! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Go the full hog, GM.

The Ryder cup tour.....race to Versailles - a few big venues/multiday meets, then a grand final, all based on previous Ryder cup venues.

Off the top of my head:-

North West - S and A / birkdale / Royal Lytham

Scotland - Muirfield and gleneagles

Yarkshire - Lindrick / ganton / Moortown

Midlands Belfry / celtic manor

Sarf - walton Heath and Wentworth ** could possibly also double up as H4H meet ???? **

Sorry K club/Ireland........unless they add on Adare manor, which may be a future venue, of course.

2-3 day trip, playing 2 or 3 of the venues, at brilliant rates that GM secure...... 4 best scores over the whole meet are that area's "champions".

If we had 40-60 people in each meet, everyone pays an extra £20 on top of what the total green fees are, each meet's best 4 scorers send a 4 ball to the finals, using the extra £20.00 to help fund their 4 finalists.

Say we got 50 people on average at a meet, as an average x £20.00 = £1,000.00 which gives each champion fourball £250.00 per person to get them to France.

Finals in France 5 teams of 4, plus a GM team of four = 20 players, leaves possibly 80-100 spaces for anyone else who played in the regional events to also go over and play, but must be forummers that have been on here for a minimum of 1-2 years getting first option, so that we dont get a load of carpet-baggers who no-one knows.

I'm sure a cabal of 3-4 forummers per meet, along with Mark T would help in the organising.

Do the regionals over 2021, finals in 2022, so to spread the cost, or back end of 2021 and into 2022, finals in September 2022.

Honourable mention to Virtuocity.(y)

PS Glyn and Birchy have honours degrees in spreadsheets. :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Go the full hog, GM.

The Ryder cup tour.....race to Versailles - a few big venues/multiday meets, then a grand final, all based on previous Ryder cup venues.

Sarf - walton Heath and Wentworth ** could possibly also double up as H4H meet ???? **

Sorry K club/Ireland........unless they add on Adare manor, which may be a future venue, of course.

2-3 day trip, playing 2 or 3 of the venues, at brilliant rates that GM secure...... 4 best scores over the whole meet are that area's "champions".

If we had 40-60 people in each meet, everyone pays an extra £20 on top of what the total green fees are, each meet's best 4 scorers send a 4 ball to the finals, using the extra £20.00 to help fund their 4 finalists.

Say we got 50 people on average at a meet, as an average x £20.00 = £1,000.00 which gives each champion fourball £250.00 per person to get them to France.

Finals in France 5 teams of 4, plus a GM team of four = 20 players, leaves possibly 80-100 spaces for anyone else who played in the regional events to also go over and play, but must be forummers that have been on here for a minimum of 1-2 years getting first option, so that we dont get a load of carpet-baggers who no-one knows.

I'm sure a cabal of 3-4 forummers per meet, along with Mark T would help in the organising.

Do the regionals over 2021, finals in 2022, so to spread the cost, or back end of 2021 and into 2022, finals in September 2022.

When you put it like that it seems so simple..:unsure:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Go the full hog, GM.

1. Bdill93 ;)

D

Deleted member 17920

I had a look on the No Laying Up forum (think the call it the nest). Posted a bit, but it is very American, however there is a solid UK following who have their own thread for meets and arranging games. Seem like a decent bunch.
They have a good group I think. A couple from here moved over to that.
They regularly get over 50 for a meet.

This year they have lined up

Woodhall Spa and Seacroft
Alwoodley and Moortown
The Berkshire
Porthcawl and Pennard

I have never looked at it. This forum is bad enough ?