Forum meets 2021

The Lion

Visit site
Hi everyone.

Certainly an exciting thread and one which in the depths of winter provides a chink of light and the promise of better times!

I’m new here and still haven’t been on a forum meet, but am keen to do so. I’m based in Liverpool, but can travel all over the North and Midlands, but also have family & friends in the South East & West Country, so can easily travel to those areas too.

Scotland & Wales are also faves and I’ve got a few country memberships which might help in organising a meet for a group.

I have a few meet/long weekend suggestions (c. 5 per region):

Cumbria: Silloth (day), Seascale, Appleby, Furness, Windermere

North Wales: Conwy, RSD, Aberdovey, N. Wales GC (my club), Nefyn, Bull Bay

Midlands: Hollinwell, Beau Desert, Enville, Sutton Coldfield, Sh. Forest

South Wales: Royal Porthcawl, Tenby, Ashburnham, Pennard, Southerndown

North East: Fulford, Ganton, Cleveland, Seaton Carew, Hartlepool,

Lancashire: Fleetwood, SAOL, Fairhaven, Pleasington, Clitheroe, Manchester GC

Yorkshire: Alwoodley, Moortown, Headingley, Hallamshire, Crosland Heath

The South Coast Links meet sounds like it’s something which is ripe for a return too; if the price was reasonable, I’d gladly make the trip for it. I’m also keen to play more in Scotland and can travel for that too.

Finally, I’d definitely bite for Sunningdale, if you really can sort a great price again; it’s too much at normal rate after a pandemic, but you guys seem adept at getting great deals so...

Thanks all and hope to have a round or two this year!

Best
Paolo

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Certainly an exciting thread and one which in the depths of winter provides a chink of light and the promise of better times!

I’m new here and still haven’t been on a forum meet, but am keen to do so. I’m based in Liverpool, but can travel all over the North and Midlands, but also have family & friends in the South East & West Country, so can easily travel to those areas too.

Scotland & Wales are also faves and I’ve got a few country memberships which might help in organising a meet for a group.

I have a few meet/long weekend suggestions (c. 5 per region):

Cumbria: Silloth (day), Seascale, Appleby, Furness, Windermere

North Wales: Conwy, RSD, Aberdovey, N. Wales GC (my club), Nefyn, Bull Bay

Midlands: Hollinwell, Beau Desert, Enville, Sutton Coldfield, Sh. Forest

South Wales: Royal Porthcawl, Tenby, Ashburnham, Pennard, Southerndown

North East: Fulford, Ganton, Cleveland, Seaton Carew, Hartlepool,

Lancashire: Fleetwood, SAOL, Fairhaven, Pleasington, Clitheroe, Manchester GC

Yorkshire: Alwoodley, Moortown, Headingley, Hallamshire, Crosland Heath

The South Coast Links meet sounds like it’s something which is ripe for a return too; if the price was reasonable, I’d gladly make the trip for it. I’m also keen to play more in Scotland and can travel for that too.

Finally, I’d definitely bite for Sunningdale, if you really can sort a great price again; it’s too much at normal rate after a pandemic, but you guys seem adept at getting great deals so...

Thanks all and hope to have a round or two this year!

Best
Paolo

Welcome along, quite a few people up in your area. Led to believe they are all very nice too.

Don’t let LiverpoolPhil’s name fool you though

The Lion

Visit site
Welcome along, quite a few people up in your area. Led to believe they are all very nice too.

Don’t let LiverpoolPhil’s name fool you though

Haha thank you. There is a thread about the North and a few replied on there last autumn. Hopefully we can fix something up when better times come.

I’m certainly keen to play a few more better courses in summer, and with a group of us that’ll hopefully make things more affordable.

There’s also a concerted push in other golf groups for people to do reciprocal golf at each other’s clubs. Top 100 Golf Courses and Visitor Invite Golf Scotland are two such groups.

So leads me to ask if people on here might be interested to set up a similar group for England & Wales too? If there’s any interest, I could do a separate thread on it if so

Thanks ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

you cant tease us like that

if its within the first 2 weeks of september when i am getting married and going on honeymoon, then she's gonna be p!ssed staying in a travel lodge and me playing golf
It's at Augusta this year, bring her along to caddy. Will she look good in a white boiler suit? (y)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
you cant tease us like that

if its within the first 2 weeks of september when i am getting married and going on honeymoon, then she's gonna be p!ssed staying in a travel lodge and me playing golf
You will probably not be talking by the time H4H is held.:eek:

Zig

Visit site
Haha thank you. There is a thread about the North and a few replied on there last autumn. Hopefully we can fix something up when better times come.

I’m certainly keen to play a few more better courses in summer, and with a group of us that’ll hopefully make things more affordable.

There’s also a concerted push in other golf groups for people to do reciprocal golf at each other’s clubs. Top 100 Golf Courses and Visitor Invite Golf Scotland are two such groups.

So leads me to ask if people on here might be interested to set up a similar group for England & Wales too? If there’s any interest, I could do a separate thread on it if so

Thanks ?
When we're in a bit of a better place I'm happy to arrange a small northern meet up... was a thread around xmas time on the same topic. I play at Seaton Carew, so that could be the venue if anyone's interested? Don't know if anyone else 'up north' would be interested in putting something on alongside so we could have two consecutive days at different locations?

The Lion

Visit site
When we're in a bit of a better place I'm happy to arrange a small northern meet up... was a thread around xmas time on the same topic. I play at Seaton Carew, so that could be the venue if anyone's interested? Don't know if anyone else 'up north' would be interested in putting something on alongside so we could have two consecutive days at different locations?

This is a great offer thank you. I see they’ve recently hiked their GFs too, so it’s especially helpful of you.

Seaton could be teamed with Ganton, Cleveland and/or Hartlepool. Be good to see who is interested for that?

That aside, I can also come and have a round with you when lockdown is over anyway (I’m in Liverpool, so yes an easy weekend).

If enough are interested, we could all do a day at my club North Wales in Llandudno. Plenty of places to eat in town too after...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a great offer thank you. I see they’ve recently hiked their GFs too, so it’s especially helpful of you.

Seaton could be teamed with Ganton, Cleveland and/or Hartlepool. Be good to see who is interested for that?

That aside, I can also come and have a round with you when lockdown is over anyway (I’m in Liverpool, so yes an easy weekend).

If enough are interested, we could all do a day at my club North Wales in Llandudno. Plenty of places to eat in town too after...
Ganton is a lovely name to throw out but the green fee might be prohibitive for some in comparison with other courses mentioned. Ideally we would go to a club where one of us is a member and ideally get a reduced rate of some form.

If the demand for Ganton is there then fair enough, I just thought I'd raise that as something to think about.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can you book a day with no breeze ?? Great post ?

Reactions: Zig