Forum meets 2021

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I quite fancy the Algarve.

Or Turkey (great courses).....When you look at the prices of green fees on the top courses over here, it would be cheaper to fly somewhere for a week of sunshine.
I'd love to play some of our championship courses, but the prices are getting extortionate.

7 night all inclusive at the Sirine Belek hotel, (Yes, as much as you can eat and drink!!) 4 rounds of golf, flights, golf course shuttles and golf club carriage £999.00.
https://www.elegantgolfresorts.com/hotels/sirene-belek-hotel/
2 rounds on both the Pasha and Sultan courses. You can add courses as required to the itinerary.
That's cheaper than a four round trip to Blackpool.
A week in a "decent" hotel would be the best part of £500.00 plus your food and drink, plus your green fees.
Who's up for it.......;););)

Last edited:

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lofoten Islands look quite interesting - in mid December

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

ArcticSky_Cobianchi_2048.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Or Turkey (great courses).....When you look at the prices of green fees on the top courses over here, it would be cheaper to fly somewhere for a week of sunshine.
I'd love to play some of our championship courses, but the prices are getting extortionate.

7 night all inclusive at the Sirine Belek hotel, (Yes, as much as you can eat and drink!!) 4 rounds of golf, flights, golf course shuttles and golf club carriage £999.00.
2 rounds on both the Pasha and Sultan courses. You can add courses as required to the itinerary.
A week in a "decent" hotel would be the best part of £500.00 plus your food and drink, plus your green fees.

I sense a diplomatic incident on the horizon

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Donna and I stayed here a few years back. The Sultan Course was excellent, Pasha was decent, but very much the second course. Food and service in the hotel was really good....

..downsides:

-You could have been anywhere. I have no idea what Turkey was like! :)
- Bad mannered Russians
- A gang of Valleys Boys who drank the bar dry and got aggressive when the beer ran out. (I kid you not!) It wasn't just once either. Embarrassing.

...you can go to Algarve for same money without it being "All inclusive" although some places in Albufeira do "all inclusive" now, if that is your thing.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Donna and I stayed here a few years back. The Sultan Course was excellent, Pasha was decent, but very much the second course. Food and service in the hotel was really good....

..downsides:

- Bad mannered Russians
- A gang of Valleys Boys who drank the bar dry and got aggressive when the beer ran out. (I kid you not!) It wasn't just once either. Embarrassing.

...you can go to Algarve for same money without it being "All inclusive" although some places in Albufeira do "all inclusive" now, if that is your thing.

Yep, I found the same thing in Turkey. Other than the hotel, minibus and golf courses I don't remember anything about the country itself.
We were staying at a hotel called The Voyage. It was absolutely fantastic and didn't want for anything. I've been to the Algarve plenty of times and love it there too. I'd love to go somewhere and get the nice warm sun on my back.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yep, I found the same thing in Turkey. Other than the hotel, minibus and golf courses I don't remember anything about the country itself.
We were staying at a hotel called The Voyage. It was absolutely fantastic and didn't want for anything. I've been to the Algarve plenty of times and love it there too. I'd love to go somewhere and get the nice warm sun on my back.

There's a nagging worry that you'll want the sun on the legs too and get the shorts out!!!! Not sure we could cope with that especially first thing after a night on the beers

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was looking at overseas golf trips the other night as I fancy something different.
I’m tempted to go back to The V club in Lithuania

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There's a nagging worry that you'll want the sun on the legs too and get the shorts out!!!! Not sure we could cope with that especially first thing after a night on the beers

Nobody will ever see my legs on a golf course, ever. I can think of nothing worse than playing golf in shorts. Nice pair of lightweight trousers, even on the hottest of days thank you very much. Shorts should be banned on a golf course ????

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing stopping you doing it is there? :unsure:

Well, I do organize a comp each year for a shield and have put it on here a couple of times but no one has ever expressed an interest in playing in it. Admittitedly I don't choose a course that is expensive an on the radar of those who like to play those courses that are rated in the top 100 course in the country. They are local to us (those who play in it) and are cracking courses.
You don't have to pay £50 plus to get a quality course.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well, I do organize a comp each year for a shield and have put it on here a couple of times but no one has ever expressed an interest in playing in it. Admittitedly I don't choose a course that is expensive an on the radar of those who like to play those courses that are rated in the top 100 course in the country. They are local to us (those who play in it) and are cracking courses.
You don't have to pay £50 plus to get a quality course.

Depends on the persons version of quality

When you pay for a round you normally get the level of quality for what you pay ( not including guests fees etc )

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

..downsides:

- Bad mannered Russians

We did "semi-all inclusive" (all food included, but drinks only included from 5-pm - Midnight) at El Rompido in Spain a couple of years back. Two decent courses (the South was best, playing out around the estuary), decent practice facilities, food was more than OK, drinks were good, Estrella on tap. It was significantly cheaper than Turkey, think we payed £438(plus flights) for 4 nights 4 rounds, we'd all happily go back there.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We did "semi-all inclusive" (all food included, but drinks only included from 5-pm - Midnight) at El Rompido in Spain a couple of years back. Two decent courses (the South was best, playing out around the estuary), decent practice facilities, food was more than OK, drinks were good, Estrella on tap. It was significantly cheaper than Turkey, think we payed £438(plus flights) for 4 nights 4 rounds, we'd all happily go back there.

1. Smiffy

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Once this "covid business" is finished, it's 2 weeks at the Quinta do Lago Hotel, play the 3 QdL and San Lorenzo... and some excellent but probably outrageously over priced evenings out for dinner!

...but a week at El Rompido on the cheap will not get refused either.

Once the world reopens, it needs to be enjoyed!

gopher99

Visit site
Hopefully in Feb 2022 we should be in a better place, I am going to book at trip to South Africa to play golf, roughly looking at £1350 for 8 days, playing Gary player sun city, houghton, George golf course, pezula, simola and pinnacle point.

D

Deleted member 21258

They have a good group I think. A couple from here moved over to that.
They regularly get over 50 for a meet.

This year they have lined up

Woodhall Spa and Seacroft
Alwoodley and Moortown
The Berkshire
Porthcawl and Pennard

I have never looked at it. This forum is bad enough ?

You organising those trips, not heard about them ? :(

Look cracking trips, hope they go ahead