For a golden 20 minutes this morning...

Ragamuffin Gunner

Medal Winner
Visit site
...with my driver at the range, I had the ball on a string. High drives, low stingers, baby-fades, power draws - I could call and hit them all. I felt as though I couldn’t miss. I must have hit 30 consecutive “proper” shots across all the shapes I can imagine. Wow!

Then I put my driver down to work on my irons, which were ok if not particularly special.

When I went back to the driver to finish up, could I hit it? Nope, not at all. Not even a safe fairway-finder.

Can I put my finger on what I had, and (more important) what I had lost? No clue.

Stupid game this....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
...with my driver at the range, I had the ball on a string. High drives, low stingers, baby-fades, power draws - I could call and hit them all. I felt as though I couldn’t miss. I must have hit 30 consecutive “proper” shots across all the shapes I can imagine. Wow!

Then I put my driver down to work on my irons, which were ok if not particularly special.

When I went back to the driver to finish up, could I hit it? Nope, not at all. Not even a safe fairway-finder.

Can I put my finger on what I had, and (more important) what I had lost? No clue.

Stupid game this....
Probably as simple as getting into a nice tempo with the driver hitting shot after shot and then not being able to replicate that later.