Footjoy Hyperflex (BOA) Golf Shoes

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I put a lot of strain on shoes, for a number of reasons, and my needs for lightweight and stability plus cushioning in the sole have been difficult to meet up until now (Ecco street got close but are too flat and cause me problems walking....)

Hyperflex have, so far, managed to do the job brilliantly.

I've had mine for about 2 months; over the last 3 weeks I have played matches or events on 16 days which I simply couldn't have contemplated previously. I don't have quite Mike's shoe locker but with around 12 pairs to choose from I haven't even considered using another over this period.

So, the only OS question for me is how well they will last...I have the lace version.

alexbrownmp

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a black pair of these, albeit with laces. Bought them a couple of weeks ago at a charity golf day in Cheshire. I purchased them, despite the fact that they look quite stupid, because they were exceptionally comfortable.

I played 36 holes in them yesterday and it was like wearing slippers. Absolutely fantastic shoes, even though you look like Stevie Wonder is your personal shopper when wearing them.

Get a sound understanding of grip, alignment, stance, swing tempo, etiquette, rules and traditions.

Once you have grasped them, hit thousands and thousands of golf shots. Keep doing what works, stop doing what doesn't. And try and watch the club hit the ball when you play.

Equipment means nothing. Nor do fancy shoes or white belts.

:smirk:

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried on laced version today the sizes come up a little large. I'm usually a 9, but in these they feel better with an 8.5, and body experienced similar?
Yes I'm like that. I am a 9 normally but in footjoy I can't find a size that fîts. I've tried 9,8.5,8,8.5,7 and I give up after that. Must be the masculine/femine feet I have (delete as appropriate)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am seriously tempted by a pair of hyperflex, with the BOA as well. Shame they don't do the black version with the BOA fitting!

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I am seriously tempted by a pair of hyperflex, with the BOA as well. Shame they don't do the black version with the BOA fitting!

That is exactly what I wanted, either all black or all white or all grey, none of the additional colours. Had to settle for Black with white :(

Wore them today, very light, very comfortable and feet felt great at the end of the round. So the chiropodist said :D

I would definitely recommend if you can find a size that fits, they are good to go straight from the box for `18 holes, no need to wear in.

S

Snelly

Played in heavy rain in these shoes yesterday. The were covered by Galvin Green waterproof trousers for 80% of the round and by the end, my feet were pretty wet.

Poor.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Played in heavy rain in these shoes yesterday. The were covered by Galvin Green waterproof trousers for 80% of the round and by the end, my feet were pretty wet.

Poor.

I would tend to agree the structure of the shoes means they are not waterproof above the stiching at the toe end of the tongue., why footjoy havent put a bellowed tongue that can take the waterproff structure to the last lacehole is beyond me. They are a summer shoe, and I will be staying with my dry joys for the 360days when my hyperflex are suitable

I do think that if footjoy actually involved consumers in the desinging of a golf shoe they might actually come up with something that fits international golf rather than florida.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I sent my hyperflex(laced edition) back as they gave poor support IMO and the arches on my feet were sore. Also they were not waterproof at all.

hoping to get a credit will use for dry joys. Thinking the black ones

S

Snelly

With our current summer weather, my feet are getting wet every time I play in these shoes.

May have to buy some that are actually waterproof.

These are very comfortable but waterproof, they are absolutely not.