Footjoy Hyperflex (BOA) Golf Shoes

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I know these won’t be to everyone’s taste however I recently purchased a pair of Footjoy Hyperflex with the BOA system. I needed a new ‘summer’ shoe as the old Adizero’s had pretty much fallen apart. I wanted something light and I personally like the ‘trainer/sports shoe’ type look. This meant that I ended up looking at both the Adidas Boost and the aforementioned Hyperflex.

To be honest there wasn’t much that separated the two, both were very light, seemed to give good stability and were very, very comfortable. In the end it came down to personal preference and in this respect the Hyperflex won.

Having now played 4 rounds in them I am sure I made the right decision, they are the comfiest golf shoe I have ever worn and whilst they have all the flexibility in the world they also feel incredibly stable. I do like the BOA system, I was a convert having bought a pair of Dryjoys a couple of years ago. I always feel that I get a better fit with BOA and my foot feels well held rather than having to worry about laces coming undone on the odd occasion.

My only possible con about the Hyperflex is the cleaning of them. As they have the mesh on them I’m not sure how they will fair on a wetter day however I did read a review before purchasing that it wasn’t nearly as difficult as it might have been with a brush. I also cannot comment on their waterproof abilities as I’ve been lucky enough to have had decent weather over the past week or so. Again, I have read that whilst they don’t look all that waterproof, they definitely are. I will reserve judgement here and update once I find myself a nice rainy day!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I quite fancy a pair of these, but I really do need to know that they are properly waterproof, over a decent period too.

I have similar from Adidas and they weren't anything like waterproof.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I quite fancy a pair of these, but I really do need to know that they are properly waterproof, over a decent period too.

Murph, I am playing today, woken up and it's tipping it down. No time like the present to give them a good drenching!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site

Fully waterproof - 1 year warranty I think
Ive been wearting them since December and they are my new favourite pair of golf shoes and I have 30+! Have a pair of laced and pair of boas. Later a bit more expensive but as OP says it makes the fit superb
check out our video review on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpz6YN1kHAY

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ive been wearting them since December and they are my new favourite pair of golf shoes and I have 30+! Have a pair of laced and pair of boas. Later a bit more expensive but as OP says it makes the fit superb
check out our video review on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpz6YN1kHAY

Thanks Mike, good to have first hand experience with the waterproof side of things, looks like mine will get a decent test today.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com

Thanks Mike looks like my next purchase is sorted now :thup:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Road2ruin how did they fare yesterday.

Right, played yesterday in pretty much every season imaginable! Started off in torrential rain for 9 holes and it really was a wet one. Pleased to say that the shoes stood up to the weather very well, dry as a bone afterwards.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

30+. And I thought I had issues:eek::smirk::thup:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

30+. And I thought I had issues:eek::smirk::thup:

You do; your colour vision………. :whistle: :ears:

D

Deleted member 1740

I've got a pair of these and they are the dogs balls. Comfy and a perfect fit with the BOA.

I'd certainly recommend them.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Okay, so final update for the time being from me. Got back from a 4 day trip to Portugal where I played 6 rounds. Usually after these trips I am broken by the evening drinking and the traipsing around however whilst I was feeling the affects of the alcohol the shoes performed brilliantly. The days where we played 36 they were easily the comfiest shoes that I have had and after all 6 rounds were done they were still as good as ever!

S

Snelly

I have a black pair of these, albeit with laces. Bought them a couple of weeks ago at a charity golf day in Cheshire. I purchased them, despite the fact that they look quite stupid, because they were exceptionally comfortable.

I played 36 holes in them yesterday and it was like wearing slippers. Absolutely fantastic shoes, even though you look like Stevie Wonder is your personal shopper when wearing them.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I have a black pair of these, albeit with laces. Bought them a couple of weeks ago at a charity golf day in Cheshire. I purchased them, despite the fact that they look quite stupid, because they were exceptionally comfortable.

I played 36 holes in them yesterday and it was like wearing slippers. Absolutely fantastic shoes, even though you look like Stevie Wonder is your personal shopper when wearing them.

What is the reason that they look stupid, are they all black or black with another colour?

S

Snelly

Black with a white sole with a sort of web at the front.

Very cool. I am down with the kids these days.....