Tour Winner
Visit site
Top 5 fan requested features for FM21

5. New Match Engine
4. Stadium Design
3. More realistic training
2. More feedback on tactic
1. Left Backs

Apart from all the household names like Alaba, Sandro, Robertson, Hernandez, Chilwell, Telles, Tagliafico, both Mendys, Grimaldo, etc are: Wijnal, Ait-Nouri, Itter, Vagnoman, Vazquez, Firpo, Augustinsson (my boi), Pedrosa, Myolenko, Lanza, Martin, Henry and Gvardiol not enough? :LOL:

Hackers76

Visit site
I have Chilwell at left back and he's been more than decent!
I have him on my Spurs save too, Davies and Sessegnon as cover I am doing ok. Wague at right back as I couldn’t agree a fee of around £45m with Norwich for Aarons before second season started, at the end of the season he has just signed for Arsenal for £15m!!!! Not impressed

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Apart from all the household names like Alaba, Sandro, Robertson, Hernandez, Chilwell, Telles, Tagliafico, both Mendys, Grimaldo, etc are: Wijnal, Ait-Nouri, Itter, Vagnoman, Vazquez, Firpo, Augustinsson (my boi), Pedrosa, Myolenko, Lanza, Martin, Henry and Gvardiol not enough? :LOL:

Can tell you aren't a long save man Dan! A LB regen is a very rare breed. In my longer saves I've had to retrain young RBs, it's honestly mental how few of them there are, both quantity and quality wise.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can tell you aren't a long save man Dan! A LB regen is a very rare breed. In my longer saves I've had to retrain young RBs, it's honestly mental how few of them there are, both quantity and quality wise.
The only decent regen that came through for me was a left back. I sold him to Barca this season for like 40mil.

I told you all the game was easy!
I still think I might have got lucky in stumbling upon my formation. My next save will be the real test. Whoever I may be.

-----

After going 38 games unbeaten in all comps (with only one draw) we finally lost a cup game when I chucked 2nd string out against Atalanta (my 2nd string are still good to be fair). Then a few games later we lost in the league for the first time in nearly a year, to Inter, in my 300th game as manager, which I was quite gutted about. That's still only 1 draw and 1 loss in the league this season, with about 8 games left. We've scored 92 or 94 goals so we're almost certain to get the 100 this time. 8-0 against Genoa helped! In the champs league last 16 we won the away leg against Leverkusen 3-2, I figured 3 away goals will be enough once we've nicked an early one at home. Won the home leg 8-1 so away goals weren't an issue really. :LOL: We've got Man City in the quarters.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went back and finished off my PSV 23/24 summer window transfers. Went okay, obviously had a rough start to the window losing Augustinsson, Kana and Vignato, but it meant we made £194m in transfers so had room to improve the squad. With that money we signed:

Myron Boadu - £70m from Manchester City. One of the most promising young strikers on the game. Had struggled to get game-time at City and was being played out of position when he did, so hopefully we can bring him in, stick him up top and get him scoring again. Hopefully get the goals we need from him up top.
Christian Pulisic - £55m from Chelsea. Needed to replace Vignato, Pulisic was unhappy at Chelsea, so seemed like the perfect replacement. Has all the attributes to be a quality inverted winger, especially in the Eredivisie, hopefully he'll do as well for us as Vignato.
Nedeljko Radojkovic - £4.5m from FC Vozdovac. 19 year old Serbian LB regen :)eek:), has high pace, good determination, solid defensive attributes (16 tackling, 13 marking), takes a mean long throw and solid mentals across the board, looks a very good prospect.
Lucas Tousart - £8m from Betis. Needed a backup DM with Kana leaving. Happy for my regen Etilson Laborde to step up as first choice but needed a good backup and Tousart fits that bill perfectly. All the stats I need to make a good half back. Good marking and tackling, 6ft1 and has decent heading, his mentals are really solid and he's strong physically. Should be perfect.

Still got £30m in the bank and a few days to work but not sure if we'll end up picking up anyone else, squad is looking pretty strong with good depth in all the right areas. Going into the next season our squad's looking like:

GK: Wuilker Farinez / Sergio Dutra

RB: Eder Militao / Jonjoe Kenny
CB: Becir Omeragic / Oumar Solet / Ibrahima Cisse
LB: Owen Wijnal / Nedeljko Radojkovic

DM: Etilson Laborde / Lucas Tousart
CM(A): Mohamed Ihattaren / Ryan Gravenberch
Mezz: Sergio Milinkovic-Savic / Adonias

AMR: Christian Pulisic / Renyer
AML: Filip Stevanovic / Jeremy Antonisse / Myron Boadu

ST: Myron Boadu / Amine Gouiri / Sekou Koita

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My sixth and final season with Roma has concluded. Annihilated the league - won 35. drew 2, lost 1. 117 scored 19 conceded, 107 points - 15 ahead of Inter.

Champion's League - beat City in the quarters, 5-2 on aggregate. Liverpool in the semis 7-2 agg. Facing a pretty decent PSG side in the final, featuring Van Dijk and Varane at the back, Onana in goal, Kulusevski, Jovic, Zirkzee all involved - dismantled them 3-0 for the win. We're far and away the best team in the world and we've ended on a high, winning the double. (y)

Haaland and Mbappe had a great battle for top scorer, Haaland won it in the end with 37 in all comps, to Mbappe's 36! Leon Bailey chipped in with 16 goals and 14 assists on the wing as well though. Not bad for a free transfer, him.

Wolf

Visit site
My sixth and final season with Roma has concluded. Annihilated the league - won 35. drew 2, lost 1. 117 scored 19 conceded, 107 points - 15 ahead of Inter.

Champion's League - beat City in the quarters, 5-2 on aggregate. Liverpool in the semis 7-2 agg. Facing a pretty decent PSG side in the final, featuring Van Dijk and Varane at the back, Onana in goal, Kulusevski, Jovic, Zirkzee all involved - dismantled them 3-0 for the win. We're far and away the best team in the world and we've ended on a high, winning the double. (y)

Haaland and Mbappe had a great battle for top scorer, Haaland won it in the end with 37 in all comps, to Mbappe's 36! Leon Bailey chipped in with 16 goals and 14 assists on the wing as well though. Not bad for a free transfer, him.
That bit in bold for me is where I got to last night with my latest save. After 3 seasons at Ajax winning every trophy I took part in except the European trophies, I switched to the Arsenal mid season took them from 15th to 5th in half a season, won both Carabao Cup & Europa League in that time as well going undefeated with them in League in that time to. Now just finished my 2nd full season with them, winning back to back league Titles both times being undefeated all season, also won the league and FA Cup both seasons, and now won Champions league. As much as its good to dominate it left me a bit like we'll isn't there any challenges left.

So now I've accepted the England Job, and taken over at Villa as well to rebuild them as I feel like I need something thats going to be a full on project. We lost our first league game of season to Spurs which was my first domestic defeat as a manager seasons ?, actually felt nice to lose, ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That bit in bold for me is where I got to last night with my latest save. After 3 seasons at Ajax winning every trophy I took part in except the European trophies, I switched to the Arsenal mid season took them from 15th to 5th in half a season, won both Carabao Cup & Europa League in that time as well going undefeated with them in League in that time to. Now just finished my 2nd full season with them, winning back to back league Titles both times being undefeated all season, also won the league and FA Cup both seasons, and now won Champions league. As much as its good to dominate it left me a bit like we'll isn't there any challenges left.

So now I've accepted the England Job, and taken over at Villa as well to rebuild them as I feel like I need something thats going to be a full on project. We lost our first league game of season to Spurs which was my first domestic defeat as a manager seasons ?, actually felt nice to lose, ?
Yeah, it was definitely starting to get a bit boring with Roma, PSG had a strong side but we absolutely coasted the final 3-0. Time to end when you get too good like that! When the only challenge is to defend what you've already won.

I started a new save last night - I'm trying again as Newcastle, because when I picked them before it was an abject failure, sacked in the first season - but I think I've learned a lot about how to play the game since then so they're worth another stab. It's a relatively poor team that you should be able to build upon, given that they're a big club, and I think Fat Mike normally sells up at some point, so if you can hold it together at the beginning you'll get some cash down the line.

I threw this together which is loosely based on my 4-4-2, but with one striker sacrificed for an Anchor Man, and the wingers pushed up to compensate for that:

PFa Joelinton
Wa Almiron _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Wa St-Maximin
BBMs Longstaff - APs Bentaleb
Ad Hayden
IWBs Rose - CDc Lascelles - BPDd Schar - IWBs Lazaro
SKd Dubravka
I signed Benrahma from Brentford as wing cover, some Portuguese kid on loan from Wolves as Anchor Man back-up, and Naci Unuvar, a 16-year-old wonderkid you can pick up for next to nothing at the start of the game. We've already had injuries so I had to start Big Andy Carroll up top and Dummett in for Lascelles in the first game of the season, against Villa. We won 4-1 with a hat-trick for Maximin (on his debut), since he is incredible in the game. :LOL:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unuvar's quality, just gone to Inter in my save from Ajax for £88m and that's after basically only 1 good season.

How much was Benrahma? I had him at Brentford and was expecting a lot but honestly he was utter trash in the Championship, did basically nothing all season, was like a poor man's Son Heung Min for me. Sergi Canos on the other wing was far better.

I tried a Newcastle save with the Takeover money added and it was painful. Their squad is an absolute mess, so many players on huge wages that are impossible to shift. Hell of a job to get that squad into decent shape.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unuvar's quality, just gone to Inter in my save from Ajax for £88m and that's after basically only 1 good season.

How much was Benrahma? I had him at Brentford and was expecting a lot but honestly he was utter trash in the Championship, did basically nothing all season, was like a poor man's Son Heung Min for me. Sergi Canos on the other wing was far better.

I tried a Newcastle save with the Takeover money added and it was painful. Their squad is an absolute mess, so many players on huge wages that are impossible to shift. Hell of a job to get that squad into decent shape.
We only had 16m budget, I think he was like 14 up front plus a couple of add-ons. I figured Maximin and Almiron start regardless, I just needed another guy who could play right wing because literally no one else in the Newcastle squad can. And Unuvar will be a nice little project to develop. I'm actually training him up as a striker as he has 15 finishing. He's a bit short but I figure he might grow a bit since he's only 16.

Yeah their squad including the reserves is huge and unbalanced, they have 4 right backs, about 6 centre backs who are mostly trash, two very good wingers but no good back-ups for them at all, a number of midfield players and not very much up front. I really wanted Gabriel Barbosa after he was such a top bargain in my Roma save, but after an accepted offer he flat out refused to talk to us. Doesn't he remember the good times we shared?? :cry:

Hackers76

Visit site
Start of third season and with a budget of £45m I am looking for a ball playing CB, I can either get Romagnoli from Milan or Diallo from PSG. Which would you chaos go for? Leaning towards the Italian due to better positioning and anticipation however the Frenchman has much better pace

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Start of third season and with a budget of £45m I am looking for a ball playing CB, I can either get Romagnoli from Milan or Diallo from PSG. Which would you chaos go for? Leaning towards the Italian due to better positioning and anticipation however the Frenchman has much better pace
Upamecano?? When I had him at Chelsea he was a total beast. Is he available? Romagnoli looked a bit slow when I saw him on my Serie A save. I don't know much about Diallo to be fair. One surprisingly very good defender for me, that you can probably get quite cheap is Godfrey from Norwich. Finally Pau Torres is good, but I got him free, I don't know how much he usually costs. Those are just some of the guys I've used though. Mancini from Roma is incredible but probably too expensive.

Hackers76

Visit site
Upamecano?? When I had him at Chelsea he was a total beast. Is he available? Romagnoli looked a bit slow when I saw him on my Serie A save. I don't know much about Diallo to be fair. One surprisingly very good defender for me, that you can probably get quite cheap is Godfrey from Norwich. Finally Pau Torres is good, but I got him free, I don't know how much he usually costs. Those are just some of the guys I've used though. Mancini from Roma is incredible but probably too expensive.
Upamenco is likely to cost a lot more than I can afford and I was looking for someone with better aerial ability as that is a weakness for me at the moment (Alderweirald, Sanchez, Dier and Tanganga are still my options). Godfrey has gone to Arsenal so no chance I am going there, Pau Torres looks about the same as my first two choices (pace and anticipation sits between them both) but expected asking price is about £60m

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Upamenco is likely to cost a lot more than I can afford and I was looking for someone with better aerial ability as that is a weakness for me at the moment (Alderweirald, Sanchez, Dier and Tanganga are still my options). Godfrey has gone to Arsenal so no chance I am going there, Pau Torres looks about the same as my first two choices (pace and anticipation sits between them both) but expected asking price is about £60m
Fair enough. Do you use future fees though? Generally if a player's value is 30 but their asking price is 60 I'll do it as 25-30 up front and 20-25 in two or three future installments, plus 50% profit from sell-on clause. The future fees seem to just get forgotten in my future budgets so there's no real downside that I've seen.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Have a look at Oumar Solet. Depends on his starting attributes which are slightly random but he can be an absolute beast 3 seasons in. Other suggestions would be Becir Omeragic, I've been super impressed with Ibrahima Cisse at PSV, or another I rate really highly is Jerome Onguene from RB Salzburg. He's starting CB for Liverpool in my save in 23/24, valued at £55m. Tremendous physicals and mentals with solid defensive technicals to go with it and at 6ft3 he's a real unit. Todibo's worth looking at as well. Barca tend not to use him and he left to Schalke on my save for £21m so could get a bargain for him, he becomes really good. There's a ton of really good CB options.

Hackers76

Visit site
Fair enough. Do you use future fees though? Generally if a player's value is 30 but their asking price is 60 I'll do it as 25-30 up front and 20-25 in two or three future installments, plus 50% profit from sell-on clause. The future fees seem to just get forgotten in my future budgets so there's no real downside that I've seen.
Never tried it to that level, this is the last season of a challenge against a mate so I should really be doing that with every deal : )

Hackers76

Visit site
Have a look at Oumar Solet. Depends on his starting attributes which are slightly random but he can be an absolute beast 3 seasons in. Other suggestions would be Becir Omeragic, I've been super impressed with Ibrahima Cisse at PSV, or another I rate really highly is Jerome Onguene from RB Salzburg. He's starting CB for Liverpool in my save in 23/24, valued at £55m. Tremendous physicals and mentals with solid defensive technicals to go with it and at 6ft3 he's a real unit. Todibo's worth looking at as well. Barca tend not to use him and he left to Schalke on my save for £21m so could get a bargain for him, he becomes really good. There's a ton of really good CB options.
Scouts think Todibo would cost £80m but he looks immense. Didn’t consider Onguene as I have a couple of Africans already and it can cause problems when the Cup of Nations comes about. Missed out on Omeragic as he has already signed for Everton and he would have been class, definitely one to add to the spreadsheet along with Todibo for further saves tho

Hackers76

Visit site
I went with Romagnoli in the end. Pace at 12 is not great but with positioning and anticipation at 16 & 17 respectively I think that makes up for it. Good stamina and marking too.