Football logo polo shirts

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Put the fact that this is a Liverpool one aside.... Would your club allow this style of polo to be warn on course?

Cheers
AdamScreenshot_20190607-181927.jpg

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Be a backward club that doesn't allow it. Of which there are plenty . It's just a polo shirt, I see some damn awful ones being worn.
That's not a football shirt.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
is the back plain? if so i have no probs with this but I sort of understand why some golf clubs wouldnt want it worn, you'd think it wouldnt be an issue in this day and age....

any of the clubs that dont allow this, do they ban the football based headcovers?

D

Deleted member 18121

is the back plain? if so i have no probs with this but I sort of understand why some golf clubs wouldnt want it worn, you'd think it wouldnt be an issue in this day and age....

any of the clubs that dont allow this, do they ban the football based headcovers?

Yes the back is plain.

I agree with you.... It's ingrained in me that no football stuff allowed at golf....but times are changing with a looser interpretation of golf clothes. And in my eyes I think it looks quite smart.... It's not like it's the full LFC badge etc.

But I can see why it would/could be opposed to.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes the back is plain.

I agree with you.... It's ingrained in me that no football stuff allowed at golf....but times are changing with a looser interpretation of golf clothes. And in my eyes I think it looks quite smart.... It's not like it's the full LFC badge etc.

But I can see why it would/could be opposed to.

I know courses where no one would bat an eye lid and other courses where you wouldnt get from the car park to the club house without being challenged.

D

Deleted member 15344

We have someone who wears a top like what with a City badge , also one who wears a mid layer with a Liverpool badge. I suspect some wouldn’t like it and I personally wouldn’t wear it but it’s something can be worn

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have worn a Tigers polo shirt plenty of times and one of my waterproof tops is an old England rugby wet weather training top. Both have badges and no issue. I have always taken any ban on sports team tops was based on style and appearance not the team badge.