Football End of Season Predictions 19/20

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must have been drunk when I made my predictions, that's the only conclusion I can come to. Every position wrong, top scorer wrong, cup winners wrong (Barca can save me), manager wrong, signings wrong. Not my finest hour. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I must have been drunk when I made my predictions, that's the only conclusion I can come to. Every position wrong, top scorer wrong, cup winners wrong (Barca can save me), manager wrong, signings wrong. Not my finest hour. :LOL:
You got City for the League Cup correct.

Pulisic as worst signing was as good as my Sheff Utd for the drop prediction though ?. He has looked excellent since lockdown ended.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't expect many to have Manchester United in the top three, but the predictions just go to show what a stellar year Sheffield United have had.
Chris Wilder as manager of the year?
Sean Dyche?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You got City for the League Cup correct.

Pulisic as worst signing was as good as my Sheff Utd for the drop prediction though ?. He has looked excellent since lockdown ended.
Nearly everyone had Sheffield to go down, I wouldn't beat yourself up about it!

Cheers for bumping this, I had absolutely no recollection of posting it so I wouldn't have bumped it myself. :LOL: I might run through at some point and give everyone marks out of 10. :p

D

Deleted member 1740

I didn't expect many to have Manchester United in the top three, but the predictions just go to show what a stellar year Sheffield United have had.
Chris Wilder as manager of the year?
Sean Dyche?

Ooops ????

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I might run through at some point and give everyone marks out of 10. :p
Ok, going by the categories we can judge on:

Top Six
Best marks go to @Stuart_C and @Bazzatron - the only two to put Liverpool down for 1st and had a good crack at the rest of the top six also. Quite few people got five out of the six with Leicester being the one they missed.

Bottom Three
Nobody got more than one of these, and in almost all cases it was Norwich.

Top Scorer
@GG26 wins this round as the only man to say Vardy. @Liverpoolphil takes second place by naming Aubameyang. Nobody said Ings. :unsure:

FA Cup
Obviously hasn't happened yet, but only @fundy @Wolf @PieMan @Piece & @nickjdavis are still in with a shout as they said Arsenal or Chelsea.

League Cup
Ten people said City for this so I'm not going to name them all.

Sack Race
Everyone did awfully at this. Almost everyone went for Bruce or Potter, neither of whom were sacked at all let alone first. @Marshy77 and @Bazzatron take the points because at least Silva and Pellegrini were actually sacked at some point.

Best Signing / Biggest Flop
Hard to judge as it's a little subjective, I would say @JollyRedDevil came closest to nailing both as Wan-Bissaka did ok and Joelinton was certainly a flop. Most people got Joelinton though to be fair.

Overall Marks*

@fundy 62%
@Bazzatron 58%
@Stuart_C 56%
@Lord Tyrion 52%
@Marshy77 50%
@sam85 48%
@nickjdavis 46%
@Wolf 46%
@HomerJSimpson 44%
@Piece 42%
@GC26 40%
@Liverpoolphil 40%
@Tashyboy 36%
@Dan2501 32%
@Orikoru 32%
@TheDiablo 30%
@JollyRedDevil 28%
@Crazyface 24%
@PieMan 6%

*Champion's League excluded. Rating scale was weighted towards getting top six teams right with more points for correct position.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good fun, one to repeat next season ?.

Luckily the title was simple and to the point so it was easy to find when searching. Prediction in the title was the winner ?