Best signing: Heaton

Worst signing/biggest flop: Joelinton

And any other things you can think of!

Most Yellow Cards: Holebas
Most Red Cards: Boly

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blades are getting a right bashing here - looks like i am only one who doesnt think we will be relegated!

Hope we surprise a few and finish o/s bottom 3.

Rich
In fairness, you haven't signed anyone of Premier League quality, with the possible exception of Jagielka who's obviously past it. Trying to stay up with Championship players doesn't work for too many teams. There are some other poor squads out there in Brighton, Newcastle and potentially Palace if they lose Zaha though, so you have a chance. I don't know anything about your manager to be fair.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Top six:
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs

Bottom three:
18. Newcastle
19. Norwich
20. Brighton

PL top scorer: Aguero

FA Cup winner: Chelsea

League Cup winner: Everton

Champion's League winner: Juventus

First manager sacked: Bruce

Best signing: Heaton

And any other things you can think of!

Most Yellow Cards: Holebas
Most Red Cards: Boly
I'm a bit surprised by this level of faith in Chelsea. Who is scoring the goals to fire them into 2nd?

dronfield

Visit site
In fairness, you haven't signed anyone of Premier League quality, with the possible exception of Jagielka who's obviously past it. Trying to stay up with Championship players doesn't work for too many teams. There are some other poor squads out there in Brighton, Newcastle and potentially Palace if they lose Zaha though, so you have a chance. I don't know anything about your manager to be fair.

Fair comment. We have spent circa £50m in the close season on new players - majority of which have not played in the Prem, but our management believe can make the step up, and if relegated, give the club a strong chance of bouncing straight back.
Chris Wilder's career is on a massive up curve, with 4 promotions in a short period of time, and last season he was voted by his peers as Manager of the Year. This will be the first season he has managed in the Prem, and so obviously a big challenge, but all us supporters expect him to do well.

JollyRedDevil

Club Champion
Visit site
Top six:
1. Man City
2. Man Utd
3. Spurs
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Wolves

Bottom three:
18. Newcastle
19. Brighton
20. Sheffield Utd

PL top scorer: Salah

FA Cup winner: Spurs

League Cup winner: Man Utd

First manager sacked: Bruce

Best signing: Aaron Wan-Bissaka

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Top six:
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Leicester
4. Spurs
5. Everton
6. Man Utd

Bottom three:
18. Norwich
19. Brighton
20. Sheffield Utd

PL top scorer: Vardy

FA Cup winner: Leicester

League Cup winner: Spurs

Champion's League winner: Bayern Munich

First manager sacked: Farke

Best signing: Tielemans

Worst signing/biggest flop: Pepe (Arsenal)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Top six:
1. Man City
2. Tottenham
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Wolves
6. Chelsea

Bottom three:
18. Norwich
19. Brighton
20. Sheff Utd

FA Cup winner: Newcastle United

League Cup winner: Man Utd

First manager sacked: Potter

Best signing: Aguero LOL

Worst signing/biggest flop: Peter Davenport LOL
I don't follow it that closely to know

And any other things you can think of![/QUOTE]

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Top six:
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. United
5. Arsenal
6. Everton/Leicester (depends on signings :LOL: )

Bottom three:
18. Brighton
19. Newcastle
20. Sheff Utd

PL top scorer: Kane (just stop buggering your ankles for God's sake)

FA Cup winner: Liverpool

League Cup winner: Spurs

Champion's League winner: Juventus or City

First manager sacked: Obvious answer is Bruce, but since I've only just found out who Brighton's manager is thanks to Google, I'll go with Graham Potter. Whoever that is.

Ex Macclesfield Town player !!!! Went down a storm in Sweden!!!!!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Top six:
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. Man Utd
6. Spurs

Bottom three:
18. Norwich
19. Brighton
20. Sheffield Utd

PL top scorer: Salah

FA Cup winner: Chelsea

League Cup winner: Newcastle

First manager sacked: Roy Hodgson

Best signing: Perez (Leicester)

Worst signing/biggest flop: I don't know but it WILL NOT be Joelinton as many folks are predicting....he will score 15+ goals this season.

And any other things you can think of! …… VAR to be an unmitigated disaster with club managers demanding a crisis meeting with refereeing authorities and the FA before Christmas.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is with all of you having the mighty Seagulls to take the drop ,they will comfortably survive and be pushing for a top half finish.just because you haven't heard of the new manager and you are all still wondering why Houghton was sacked.well with Potter we now have a man that will play to win games and not just park the bus as we did under CH. The new signings will make a big difference as well. The 3-0 beating of Watford will prove to be no fluke as you will see as the season progresses.
Who is going to win the league ? Who cares .who is going down ? Not Brighton

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is with all of you having the mighty Seagulls to take the drop ,they will comfortably survive and be pushing for a top half finish.just because you haven't heard of the new manager and you are all still wondering why Houghton was sacked.well with Potter we now have a man that will play to win games and not just park the bus as we did under CH. The new signings will make a big difference as well. The 3-0 beating of Watford will prove to be no fluke as you will see as the season progresses.
I went for a Brighton/ Potter double on my prediction. Nothing to do with CH going, you were just poor for so long last season and quite often a bad run at the end of one season can carry onto the start of the next. Hopefully for Brighton the change of manager will mean a change of style and your players can show us how good they are again.

I'm happy for both predictions to be wrong, Brighton seem a well run and inoffensive club 👍.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went for a Brighton/ Potter double on my prediction. Nothing to do with CH going, you were just poor for so long last season and quite often a bad run at the end of one season can carry onto the start of the next. Hopefully for Brighton the change of manager will mean a change of style and your players can show us how good they are again.

I'm happy for both predictions to be wrong, Brighton seem a well run and inoffensive club 👍.
The first half of the season we were looking at a top ten finish ,but all of a sudden it was park the bus time and we gained 11points out of a possible 54 ,this was because for some reason CH thought we should go into survival mode .the longer it went on the worse we became .hopefully Potter has got the magic wand and let's the players play football and not be so scared of losing ,but push for a goal or two ,

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's really no need to cry about it. :LOL: Given how awful Brighton were last season, and as you point out, a lot of us aren't familiar with Potter, who has achieved nothing in England yet - they were a fairly logical pick for relegation. Maupay is a great signing, but I had no idea who the other signings were either.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nobody is crying ,it's just seemed a knee jerk choice for many without knowing the team or manager. It's all very well following a big club but you do get blinkered when regarding the smaller clubs I think.
Yes Brighton were poor the second half of the season ,but that was the manager's choice of bus parking and showing very little ambition but to try and stay up at all costs .well it cost him his job and they have now secured a man with a bit of ambition and looking to let the players express themselves on the pitch rather than being negative

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nobody is crying ,it's just seemed a knee jerk choice for many without knowing the team or manager. It's all very well following a big club but you do get blinkered when regarding the smaller clubs I think.
Yes Brighton were poor the second half of the season ,but that was the manager's choice of bus parking and showing very little ambition but to try and stay up at all costs .well it cost him his job and they have now secured a man with a bit of ambition and looking to let the players express themselves on the pitch rather than being negative
Calling us blinkered when you're the one that can't accept your precious club has one of the poorest squads in the league on paper, and as Liverpoolphil says above, you barely stayed up by the skin of your teeth which makes you an obvious pick for relegation. We're only guessing after all, those are the sort of factors we'll base it on. Nothing to do with being "blinkered about smaller clubs" - that is nonsense. Somebody has to go down.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Top six:
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Spurs
5. Chelsea
6. Everton

Bottom three:
18. Norwich
19. Brighton
20. Sheff Utd

FA Cup winner: Leicester City

League Cup winner: Man City

First manager sacked: Graham Potter (Brighton) (a tight run race between him and Bruce)

Best signing: tbc (too many signings still to make to really be able to answer that yet)

Worst signing/biggest flop: Joelinton (Newcastle)
Thought it was worth digging this thread out.

I went for custard with my humble pie, re Sheffield Utd ?. Tasted lovely, happy to have a big old bowl. Chris Wilder is my manager of the year ?.

Honourable mentions to Potter and Bruce who both avoided the sack, perhaps also to the Brighton chairman who could have panicked but did not.

My most accurate prediction ?? Easy, Joelinton. No one else came close to him.

My other predictions weren't a million miles out but no doubt others were more accurate.