Flight bag - looking for recommendations

Craigyboy221

Visit site
Hi,

Off to Turkey in May, first trip abroad. Looking for recommendations for reasonably priced flight bag to protect clubs. Just got new clubs so very protective ? see lots online but reviews are mixed. Anyone have any personal recommendations?

Cheers

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

depends what your ‘reasonably priced’ budget it. I have a Sun Mountain club glider, and it’s brilliant…but it’s also over £200

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Hiring them at your destination saves a lot of hassle, and usually a little bit of money.

I’ve taken my own, and I’ve used hire clubs, and I’d generally go for the latter as the best option.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
You don’t need to spend a fortune on a flight bag to protect clubs. I’ve got a reasonably priced Nike one and to protect clubheads I merely wrap my waterproofs round them inside the rain hood.

Been taking my clubs abroad for 20 years and never had one damaged yet.

Craigyboy221

Visit site
Thanks for the input gents. Ideally don’t want to spend more than 100ish as unlikely this will be a regular thing but same time appreciate need to protect t clubs. I’ll be removing driver head etc and wrapping up just hoped someone maybe had something if not seen and could recommend.

Cheers again

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’ve just had a look on eBay. The Macgregor XL deluxe padded flight bag is not dissimilar to mine and is under £50. More than adequate mate.

Albo

Visit site
I use a sun mountain kube, good level of protection, easily identifiable and folds away really small!
I go away most years and have never had a damaged club and never taken my driver head off either.
Hope you enjoy your trip

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The important thing is having one that packs down. We find we need to unpack ours to get everything in the car at our destination so ours need to pack down. Again a need to pack it down for the hotel and to not take up loads of room
When stored at home.

I’ve got an old izzo one that has solid panels but folds down into a briefcase. I believe you can get alternative brands now but they’ve always been reasonable priced and reliable.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Look on HOTGOLF.CO.UK they have Bagboy covers for £89.99.
Great bag and very sturdy.
Buy some gloves so total is over £100 and use code HOT10 for 10% off.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve just had a look on eBay. The Macgregor XL deluxe padded flight bag is not dissimilar to mine and is under £50. More than adequate mate.
We have those and they‘re good, decent padding and straps, good wheels too.
I've just bought the VIP version, based on your recommendation, for my lads upcoming birthday. I was going to get the one you actually suggested but this was only a few quid more and so at worst will be the same, ideally offer something slightly better. Whether extra padding or pockets.............

Thanks for the posts.

C7usk

Visit site
I've just bought the VIP version, based on your recommendation, for my lads upcoming birthday. I was going to get the one you actually suggested but this was only a few quid more and so at worst will be the same, ideally offer something slightly better. Whether extra padding or pockets.............

Thanks for the posts.
Just done exact same and got the vip one... Not going till 2024 unfortunately but the usual Christmas golf money was screaming to be spent...

gopher99

Visit site
I just bought the Macgregor VIP travel cover from Hotgolf, I hope we don’t all travel at the same time as we won’t be able to recognise our bags?.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just bought the Macgregor VIP travel cover from Hotgolf, I hope we don’t all travel at the same time as we won’t be able to recognise our bags?.
We have a very bland, dark grey suitcase but tie a small length of red ribbon around the handle. Simple but effective. I'm thinking something similar will be required here as the plain black version is the cheapest and most available version out there. Coming to a luggage carousel near you soon....... ?

gopher99

Visit site
We have a very bland, dark grey suitcase but tie a small length of red ribbon around the handle. Simple but effective. I'm thinking something similar will be required here as the plain black version is the cheapest and most available version out there. Coming to a luggage carousel near you soon....... ?

I was going to go for the lime green one, but that stands out way to much. Good idea about the ribbon though.