First Q comp of the year.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Course closed yesterday, open today. It's gonna be wet. It's gonna be interesting. Am gonna smash it. Watch this space.:whistle:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Go Tashy
Ours is Friday. But were closed today
More rain tomorrow
50:50 whether we'll be open with no more than 2 temps come Friday..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our first was last Saturday made buffer happy with that.
Bit of a shock off the back tees.
Should have had first board comp Sat but course closed due to water.

Greens last week were ironed but still softish the backspin on some shots really hurt me, 15 especially 10 ft behind pin in middle of a big green ended up 20yds back down the fairway.(bogey).
Enjoyed it though it’s not just drive and wedge anymore.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got our first one this Saturday, greens are quite firm considering the amount of rain and snow we've had. Played off the full tees for the first time Sunday just gone, glad to be playing the course at full length. Had hoped to get up after work one day this week for a bit more practice before Saturday but not sure if I will get up.

Looking forward to getting the comps started and hopefully get a few cuts along the way.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ours was on Saturday. Didn't play in it due to greens being poor and the tee's being worked on......walked off 37 points with 2 blobs.....DOH hehe!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saturday is our Captain's Drive In. 50-50 as to whether it goes ahead. Ours is a long course anyway and if they play it off the whites it will be a bit of a nonsense as there will be no run at all.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our first qualifier is on the 14th. Can’t wait.

Played on Saturday and our course was in great nick. Could’ve easily been a qualifier. Fairways were quite firm and getting lots of rollout. Greens were fantastic as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Noob question - what do you mean when you say qualifier / non-qualifier? At my club this is never specified so I have no idea what you're talking about.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
So you guys have competitions that don't affect your handicap?? We don't have them at ours - other than team events.

We don't, but plenty of other clubs do. The other club in Nairn runs medals all winter that are non qual, playing just for the fun and a few quid i'd imagine

Fish

Banned
Visit site
First medal & qualifier of the season this Saturday.

I’ve been showing some great form at times, other than when playing RTB which was 1 round too much on a great trip.

First full season with my AP2’s which I’m comfortable with now.

Put my original Black Tie shaft in the G400.

3 new Vokey wedges.

All clubs regripped.

I’m ready to tear this handicap a new one 😳

Tashyboy

Visit site
I knew it was going to be tough when I saw the trawlers on our first fairway. Paid me four quid, was warming up lovely and our third player turns up two mins before tee off and says " they have just told me in the shop it's a NQ". Coz it's waterlogged pick and place everywhere, all bunkers are GUR it's a NQ.
it was brutal. Our 16 th plays into the wind and it was blowing a gale with the rain smashing you to bits. I smashed a drive 140 into the wind like an Exocet.
Got to me ball, looked back and Baghead and Trev were having some serious man love behind an umbrella.
Quite frankly the course looks a pigsty.
33 points, and 40 bandit points was winning it. It was a round where survival was more important than a cut.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
First individual honours board event over the Easter weekend. Results not in yet. Course as wet as anyone remembers, even before all the Red Bull money spent on drainage several years ago. Greens didn't flood at all even in the low lying areas. We've had qualifiers all year, but had been playing off the yellows. Easter weekend off the plates. As long and as hard as it gets. In fairness to Tashy, 33 in those conditions is respectable.

Tashyboy

Visit site
First individual honours board event over the Easter weekend. Results not in yet. Course as wet as anyone remembers, even before all the Red Bull money spent on drainage several years ago. Greens didn't flood at all even in the low lying areas. We've had qualifiers all year, but had been playing off the yellows. Easter weekend off the plates. As long and as hard as it gets. In fairness to Tashy, 33 in those conditions is respectable.

trouble is Homer I was rubbish, when I got my drives goin I couldn't putt. Short game was all over the place. Do you laugh or cry when you try and chip and the club hits the turf and just either digs in or splatters water an mud for 15 yards and the ball moves 5 yds. 😖

D

Deleted member 3432

Ours was Sunday, also my first round of golf since September. Easy .1 back for me but pleased with my ball stiking in the main considering I have only had a couple of practice sessions and expectations were very low.

Scrappy start but some decent golf in the middle (10 straight pars) and a very scrappy fnish. Give it a month and hopeful of threatening some sub par golf

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
trouble is Homer I was rubbish, when I got my drives goin I couldn't putt. Short game was all over the place. Do you laugh or cry when you try and chip and the club hits the turf and just either digs in or splatters water an mud for 15 yards and the ball moves 5 yds. 😖

Can't have been that bad for that score in those conditions and if you're wasting shots I'd look at it as boding well once you sort that out and the conditions dry up. I worked on linear method on a very wet chipping area and was getting great results even chipping out of my muddy foot prints. Well worth a look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOOwv3tWV9g&list=PLEtjF7eJdvIAvUv-HbwxVBSQ7l8d1KnNb&index=5 and a go