First post and a hello from a newbie

Visit site
Pip pip old beans!

Just thought I'd formally introduce myself and see who's who and what's what around here. I'm quite used to forum life having been a long-time member (founder member even) of a UK-based guitar forum (The Fretboard for any of you golf and guitar obsessives).

It turns out that I only seem to be able to support one obession at a time and since I came back to golf a few months ago after many years of not playing, I've got the bug and my guitar collection is feeling lonely and un-played.

On the subject of golf, I joined my local club at the end of last summer (Haywards Heath GC) and have been playing as much as the crappy conditions have allowed over the wettest autmun and winter I can remember. I managed to get enough cards in to get a handicap but it's a rather embarassing one and as soon as the course properly dries out I will be working on attaining some respectability back: until then, I'll be getting a couple of shots on pretty much every hole (hence the Bandit part of my name!!).

At the club bar last week I was introduced to the staff photographer of Golf Monthly, who's a throughly nice chap, so I thought I'd join up and see if I can pick up tips, talk golf and generally hang out.

See y'all around

McT

Wolf

Visit site
Bonjour new guy?
Welcome to the mad house, generally fun, often well behaved and regularly chatting drivel across the board is how I'd explain the place. But we're usually a friendly bunch.. Just don't get involved with the flag in or out debate, or use poker chips as ball markers?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Welcome .
I have started playin the guitar when I retired ,I am not to bad .
But find that I forget most things I learn within a couple of days.
Maybe an age thing.
So I recon on guitar I am about 18 hcap.
Take your time and focus on the basics .grip alignment, tempo.
Hope my guitar and your golf improves.

Visit site
Bonjour new guy?
Welcome to the mad house, generally fun, often well behaved and regularly chatting drivel across the board is how I'd explain the place. But we're usually a friendly bunch.. Just don't get involved with the flag in or out debate, or use poker chips as ball markers?

I'd have to get close to the bloody flag first... :eek:

I use a proper ball marker that I got from the Grove when I played a corporate thing there last summer, or an Indian Rupee, which is super thin and light as a feather...

Thanks for the welcome to you and the other chaps.

I've had 6 or 7 lessons (first formal training ever at the age of 50) and things are starting to look up.

Visit site
Welcome .
I have started playin the guitar when I retired ,I am not to bad .
But find that I forget most things I learn within a couple of days.
Maybe an age thing.
So I recon on guitar I am about 18 hcap.
Take your time and focus on the basics .grip alignment, tempo.
Hope my guitar and your golf improves.

Crikey. I've been playing guitar for 38 years and I'm still only a high-teens handicapper...
Thanks for the advice.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
welcome.. another guitar fan here. started playing and collecting again about 10 years after an 15 year lay off. was in a couple of Indie bands in the 80's and stopped early 90's.

my main regret is getting rid of all the stuff i had back then for bugger all which is now worth a fortune..

Visit site
Welcome, McToot. if the sun is shining I play golf. If it's raining I play guitar. I've played a lot of guitar the past couple of months.

That's a good philosophy to be honest. At the moment, when the rain stays away (sunshine - what's that?), I play; when it's chuffing it down, I go to the range. I need to get some balance back, if only to play this beauty a little more often (50th pressie from Lady McToot)

RpgypoR.jpg

Welcome along, surely you can use that plectrum thingy as a ball marker ;)

Oooh - now there's an idea. Then I can use the pointy end to remind myself where the hole is :ROFLMAO:

Visit site
welcome.. another guitar fan here. started playing and collecting again about 10 years after an 15 year lay off. was in a couple of Indie bands in the 80's and stopped early 90's.

my main regret is getting rid of all the stuff i had back then for bugger all which is now worth a fortune..

Ah yes: I know many, many guitarrists that have the same regrets...

I'm going to thin my collection down a bit to get myself a new set of irons, but I will keep the Feline LP (made by a fabulous luthier in South Croydon) and my trusty old Charvel ST Custom which I have modded to buggery and would be worth next to sod all to someone else.